• AKD
    Only 4 runners but this looks a good race. Thibaan weakened late on over a furlong shorter at York last week, so I don’t think step up in trip is ideal, in this small field he may get away with it but I feel other 3 have stronger stamina so I am ruling him out (watch him win now lol). Favourite Star Of Wins is looking for a hat trick after maiden win at Windsor and a 4-runner handicap at Sandown. This is tougher, but he has every chance of improving, Haggas has a very good record at this fixture and he won this race in 2013 with Battalion who later went on to win 3 Listed races. Emissary ran in the Derby (finished last but one), but was disappointing again last time at Newmarket, new headgear needs to bring him back to form but he can’t be completely ruled out. The one I like is TRITONIC, who is dropping down in class and distance after finishing only 6th of 7 in Group 3 Geoffrey Freer Stakes last time. His form before that looks pretty solid, finishing a close 2nd behind Highland Chief at Ascot, and then finishing 2nd in a Listed race behind Subjectivist who has since won a Group 3. Ryan Moore is the leading jockey at Yarmouth’s big meeting, having 24 winners from 86 rides at this fixture in last 15 years - it gets better with those priced under 5/1 it is 24 from 61 (+12 LSP). He has 2 rides today, this and Dusk in the first race, might do them in a little double too.

Bets - Tritonic @ 5/2, saver forecasts with Star Of Wins and Emissary

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Money spoke strongly in favour of the winner, Emissary. I got most of my stake back through the forecast but not all as I didn’t anticipate that Emissary will shorten so much. Bit frustrating really.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.