• AKD
    It’s a long shot, so not expecting anything but a few of mine have been running like long shots anyway.

The Rutland Rebel (40/1) - his only really good piece of form is the win at Pontefract last year, although it was only a maiden handicap the form worked out really well with the runner up winning his next 3 handicaps including from a 10 lbs higher mark. The 3rd horse who was beaten 6 lengths also won 3 handicaps including from a 3 lbs higher mark. Selection has had a spell in juvenile hurdles since then, and although well beaten in all of them he went off at big prices so nothing was expected. Returns from an 8 month absence now, I don’t think that will be a problem as Hammond does sometimes gets winners with horses returning from a break especially over middle/staying distances. Pulled out of intended return at Haydock last week due to soft going. It’s drifting in betting and Hammond hasn’t had a winner at Thirsk for over 5 years (73 runs since last winner here) so that’s a negative. But I feel if he can run to that Pontefract form, he has a chance as there are question marks about most of these.

Small e/w @ 40/1, and extra places (5) @ 22/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Typically it finished 6th, but was never in it really.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.