• AKD
    2:00 Curragh - Listed Curragh Stakes

I am going against the trends here, Ger Lyons has won this 4 times from just 9 runners (2 places too) and he has the short priced favourite Frenetic, who has the best form having already thrashed a few of these earlier in the season. But I watched her last race and she looked very small so I would not expect much improvement. As it is, maybe she doesn’t need to improve at all to win this race but I am still not keen on backing her at 8/13 so trying to find something that can beat her or give her a race at least. Michael O’Callaghan’s filly Moon In Her Eye is one possible, she was heavily gambled into 7/4 favourite from double figure price on her debut in a competitive maiden here before finishing 6th (beaten 7 1/2 lengths). Trainer has had 3 runners in this race before with 2 of them finishing 2nd so you could say he targets this race. Price of 9/1 is short enough considering what she has shown on the track though, and when you compare it with Sweet Gardenia who was only 2 lengths behind her on debut but is 66/1 today. I have backed CHIEF LITTLE HAWK despite the fact Aidan O’Brien doesn’t have a good record in this, he is 0 from 11 (despite 9 of them going off at under 5/1) with only 4 places. 2 of those places were from the 3 horses that had taken the same route having run in the Molecomb on their previous run. But all three of them were beaten further back at Goodwood than this one, which gives me hope that this should get closer today. He has 4 lbs to find with the favourite on adjusted ratings which is not impossible. Of others, Blue Cabochon has made the frame on all 4 of her starts, I think she could run better than her price but a place maybe the best she can hope for.

So the favourite is the one to beat, but I think Moon In Her Eye and Chief Little Hawk are possibles. I have back CLH each way even though he is only 4/1 so I will take a small loss if he is only placed.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Found the fav too good, so made a small loss, maybe w/o the favourite or place only would have been better option. Moon In Her Eye ran well enough for 4th, and the other horse highlighted to run better than her price, Blue Cabochon did just that to finish 3rd. Could have easily made a profit from the race if I bet differently, but wasn’t to be.
  • peregrine
    Ran ok :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.