• Mugz
    A card packed with stakes races kicks of at 3.30pm at Gulfstream Park on Saturday.

The Florida Derby is off at about 10.35pm.

Picks and info will be posted here during the card.
  • Mugz
    Tiz The Law is the Florida Derby fav.

• AKD
    8 of last 10 winners had previously won at the track, so that’s a strong stat in favour of the favourite and he has beaten one of his main rivals Ete Indien before, price is short enough though. I had a very small each way on Candy Tycoon @ 66/1 just for a bit of interest. He shouldn’t be good enough to win as he got thrashed by Ete Indien last time, but he has won here before and Todd Pletcher has won 4 of the last 6 runnings of this.
  • Mugz
    I do like the fav, he has some tactical speed but his strength is his finishing burst. Id be shocked if Ete Indien reversed the form with him being drawn 12 and is normally a front runner. I think Independence Hall has a realistic chance and 4/1 might be a bit too big. I think Franco will let IH go on and track him all the way before kicking on up the straight. The only danger I see to the fav is getting in behind too many horses as there are quite a few that like to get on with it.
  • Mugz
    R3

Backing 5 TEMPLE ew @ 11/2. (currently 6/1 in the pools)

Looks very solid % choice here, no negatives, jockey just won R2.
  • Mugz
    2nd - Just denied by the odds on fav. :grimace:
  • Mugz
    STATESIDE TTC on R7-14 if you fancy it. :up:

LIVE stream is very good.
  • Mugz
    R5

Backing 5 CHEWING GUM ew @ 4/1

Another % play, good draw, should be able to sit handy, then hopefully kick on turning in and hold off the late finishers.
  • Mugz
    3rd - didnt play out as expected, last then rattled home. Relieved to get 3rd after a terrible start.
  • Mugz
    R9

Backing LA SIGNARE ew @ 7/1

Decent 3rd in a G3 lto, same effort should go close here.
  • Mugz
    What a peach of a ride. Magnificent.

8/1 winner.

:strong:
  • peregrine
    Gourverneur Morris would be my choice in the Florida derby. Good luck if you bet in the race.im just watching
  • calvert
    Well picked Mugz
  • peregrine
    Mugz :cheer:
  • Mugz
    Sticking with TIZ THE LAW in the big one. Not really any value at EVS but its either back it or leave the race alone for me.
  • AKD
    Well done with the earlier winner, Mugz.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.