• AKD
    Just an interesting observation, it might not mean anything.

We know Brian Hughes and Richard Johnson are neck and neck in race for jockeys title, I wanted to see how they have done so far this year. Looking at their records individually since the start of 2020, neither has been profitable.

Hughes has 10 winners from 61 with LSP of -12.24
    Johnson has 8 winners from 50 with LSP of -9.30

But the interesting bit is when they have been directly against each other in a race. There have been only 9 such races since start of year where both of them had a ride, Hughes won 4 of them, Johnson 2, and 3 races where neither of them won. Backing both of them in these races would have resulted in a combined LSP of +5.64. In 3 of the 9 races, they also had the forecast between them.

It could all just be a coincidence, or maybe there is extra motivation when they are racing against each other. I will see how this theory goes as there are 3 races at Newcastle today where both are riding.

In 12:55, it’s all newcomers and Hughes is on the favourite but Martin Keighley has sent Black Panther a long way (I believe it’s his first ever runner at Newcastle) and has Johnson booked to ride.

In 2:30, Clondaw Caitlin for Hughes looks a clear form pick.

3:00, tricky race and I don’t really fancy either of them.

Just had a very small double on Black Panther and Clondaw Caitlin for a bit of fun.
  • stainless
    Interesting obs. Good Luck.
  • Maxh
    The first at Newcastle was a bumper
    I think most would agree that these are a law unto themselves
    Your Observation may still be very valid and I will be following with interest!
  • AKD
    Only the short priced winner Clondaw Caitlin today. Black Panther got placed at 13/2. 3:00 race I didn’t fancy them at all and it looked a false favourite, yet foolishly I still put it in my placepot - had all others in with Dunly to go in the last.
  • Mugz
    Good work AKD, observations like this are great.

:up:
  • Mugz
    Johnson broken his arm today at Exeter. Might be back for the festival. :sad:

McCoy would have given up his ride in the next race !
  • AKD
    That’s sad news, he will do well to be back in time for Cheltenham.
  • peregrine
    Yes the perils of the job these jockeys face on a daily basis.but it's their job and like everybody else it can unfortunately happen, so brian Hughes a northern chap will be champion jockey.
  • Mugz
    If Brian stays injury free he will be champion. It would have been great to see it close going into the final day, but it will be good for Brian and Northern racing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.