• peregrine
    Now if you heard just what the champion jockey had to say about altior and stepping it up in trip he made it quite clear it would be NO. And as I posted before I'd platt crap if altior wins the king George .it is and has been the best 2 miler around for the last few seasons and their isn't anything around to beat it.but going up in trip will not suit . Maybe you may feel I'm wrong and you agree with the likes of Matt Chapman .will win again today barring a mishap. Too much racing takes its toll on top animals and nothing lasts for ever.
  • Spindrifter
    yummy yummy lots of money for me :D
  • Hippo
    well Nico and Henderson seem pretty certain. And based on some of the rides that Johnson has given some of Murphys horses this season...what does he know! (joking!). The way it keeps sprinting away at the end of races suggest 3m round Kempton would be easy. As Nico said as a horse gets older it sometimetimes needs further as its speed blunts. I do share your concerns about wear and tear though, but Henderson is a master at knowing when theyve had enough. A nice summer in the fields await this brilliant and in my eyes (!) the best chaser in the world by miles
  • milhouse
    Only race I watched on Saturday was altior's race. He is gutsy. One thing that was playing on my mind when I was watching the race and the way Altior kept jumping left. Is he hurting? Is that what is causIng him to do that now. I hope it isn't, but it did cross my mind
  • Hippo
    Yeah its happen a few times but Nico thinks hes doing it because hes having to travel faster than he wants to...thus the extra distance through age theory. also it was a very fast time on sat and no mention by the handicapper?

i pray hes sound but Hendersons are a caring lot...they had a brief "service" for Josses Hill this morning and he frustrated the hell out of them, but they still loved the old rogue
  • milhouse
    Thanks Hippo. Fingers crossed he is straighter when he goes over further
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.