• Hippo
    Rubbish week so far but only small stakes (except Chesterfield!!) so not huge damage done. This is a funny time of year with the weather turning, big stables getting going and small tracks at the front end. All changes at Cheltenham this weekend!

Exe 235 Virginia Chick ew 10/1 I was really taken by this last week and a ride of the season (already!!) by Isabel Williams. I do go on about her but she is brilliant. All those plaudits for Briony (quite rightly) but this girl is as cool as you like. She sat and sat and only pounced coming to the last against some top prospects lto. Shrewdly dropped in at top weight in hcap debut my feeling is they think this is a good thing and will be in graded company soon. There is a big danger tho in Southern Sam. Sherwood likes this and is owned by his biggest owner Tim Snyder. Has schooled well and is fancied. So ew on Virginia, win on Southern and asmall rfc on both

305 Espirit Du Large...i know they think this is a good thing today. Yard are flying and the jockey cant stiop winning. Win bet 5/2

255 Bangor one long shot ew on Liberty Bella at 20/1. Is a 6/1 shot in my bet coming down in class. Only 6 runners so ew is perfect as you get 1,2. Obviously 5 runners is optimum for that bet but i can see it running ok

The big action starts this weekend and then the roller coaster really gets going!
  • Valuefinder
    Thanks Hippo; had a small e/w treble, win doubles and the RFC on the first Exeter race. Cheers
  • Valuefinder
    I forgot the decent single I had on at 9/4 on Esprit in my post above. Thanks Hippo, superb as always.
  • FLA
    Lovely hippo . Thanks
  • swerver
    Esprit de Large.Great tip! Thanks and well done.
  • Tattcorner
    Nice one Hippo, cheers :up:
  • calvert
    cheers H
  • Hippo
    Thank goodness for that, jeez its hard going out there! Isabel rightly didnt give hers a hard race, it couldnt go through that ground whereas Espirit showed its class by winning DESPITE the ground. may be a vey good prospect
  • Valuefinder
    Any thought on John Constable in the 3:40 Hippo? Ground against it?
  • headlad
    That’ll do nicely thanks Hippo
  • Hippo
    sorry Value. only noticed this. No i only had any word for the two i posted. Annoyed with myself as they thought Espirit was a good thing and won as one...should have gone max but was worried by runner up!
  • Valuefinder
    No need to apologise Hippo; was a late shout as I was playing with the change from my winnings from your tip!

I backed the Tizzard horse in the end but neither got into it. Nice profit on the day.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.