• AKD
    Only a small field of 4 for this juvenile hurdle, but still an interesting race. Last year’s winner went on to finish 4th in Triumph Hurdle. 3 of today’s 4 runners are making their hurdling debut, headed by Donald McCain’s Navajo Pass, who is rated 85 on the flat. McCain has won this race twice from just 7 runners and he must have another good chance. This race hasn’t been a good one for the favourites though, including last 3 beaten at short odds. I think there maybe some value in POLITICISE (9/4), who was also rated 85 on flat for William Haggas earlier in the year, sold for £60,000 in the summer and in 3 runs in Ireland he failed to finish in first half of field and his rating has dropped to 78, but they weren’t bad runs as they came in strong races. Interesting runner because McGuinness doesn’t have many runners in juvenile hurdles but has a fairly good record with those he runs. Other two runners need to improve quite a bit but they are of some interest too, Dynali won over 9.5 furlongs as a 2yo for Francois Rohaut in France, so clearly he must have a lot of stamina, he finished 2nd last and last in his 2 runs since then though, he is a half brother to Stratum (Cesarewitch winter and 4th in Grade 2 at Punchestown festival), and has joined Ian Williams now who also does well in these races. Jumps bred Martello Boy is the only one with hurdling experience, he was badly tailed off on his only start, he is a full brother to Martello Tower (Grade 1 winner at Cheltenham festival), and quite a rare runner for Margaret Mullins in UK, she sends over horses for races at big meetings but not for a small race like this.

In conclusion, it’s not a race for big bets, Navajo Pass looks the likeliest winner especially as this is McCain’s home ground but from value perspective I have had a small bet on Politicise. Other two need to improve a lot to win today, but on pedigrees they can’t be completely ruled out.

Small bet on Politicise @ 9/4

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Favourite won as odds on shots should, but disappointed that my one couldn’t even make a race of it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.