• Hippo
    Excellent meeting at Exeter (i do like it there despite some strange results...people think its an easy course...it isnt! You MUST stay but also have tactical speed, thus a good test for Cheltenham). Great facilities, lovely bar and everyones in the same place...punters owners and trainers...except Nicholls of course, hes in his own Royal box! If you want to chat to trainers, this is the course, theres no excape from them!

110 Exe Fat Oafs should win but i cant believe Frys horse is 25/1. Its last run was in a red hot bumper so i must play small ew at 25/1 on Rufio

140 Geraghty was at Hendersons last week looking at JP's horses and he gave Sporting John a good mention. So win bet 5/2

210 Haldon Gold Cup...well done Exeter for not being sheep and switching it to a Saturday! Also theyve kept it a handicap to ensure they got runners in early Nov. Look, I love Gods Own and apparently theyve aimed this for this race all summer. Its 11 years old but as it should against Altior at Sandown, its not a back number. Its 10/1 outsider so im having a win bet. Hendersons may need the run and may be a professional loser ie runs well without winning. Nickys are only just hitting the racecourse so im happy to wait til the Cheltenham meeting before i bet his horses (except the odd one of course!)

240 Im Here is the apple of the Bradstocks eye. they are hoping its Coneygrees replacenment and plunging it in fto in a hot novice (was also entered at Newbury). Its 20/1 and the RP was very dismissive of its ptp. Nico has schooled it from day 1 and he thinks its a good prospect. Almighty effort to win against this lot but they wanted to see whether its as good as they think. Theres not much sentiment in racing but these are a lovely racing family and loved by everyone in Lambourn (thus why Nico is allowed to ride for them even when theres a Henderson horse in the race). They have nothing to train it against but its been spectacular in its jumping. Fingers crossed it runs well and comes home sound for another day. But i have to bet at 20/1!!!
  • owenjohn
    Cheers H. Good Luck
  • Tattcorner
    Nice one Sporting John Hippo, cheers :clap:
  • FLA
    Cheers hippo
  • Hippo
    Sporting John won nicely despite being as green as hell and wow Hendersons was fit and ready and heavily backed! Augurs well for the next few weeks. Poor old Gods Own looked old. I hope they now retire the old boy, owes us nothing. A great servent
  • Hippo
    Wrong outsider in the novice chase! But what a ride by Isabel Williams! Thats as good a ride as youll see all season and the powerpack finish was brilliant. You all know im already a fan of hers as she won me a small fortune last season. Brilliant stuff even though i didnt have a penny on it!

Nicos was going and jumping well enough until Boyhood was rushed up past him. That seemed to really spook him and jumping went ragged and quickly pulled up by Nico. Another day at Newton Abbot for him
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.