• Hippo
    it will be awful as all "racing " films are! Hope it shows how few individual horses it ever beat (it beat the same horse over and over again)and NEVER ran the Classic Distance (1 1/2 miles).....not a patch on Dancing Brave, Nijinsky et al Maybe they could cast Elizabeth Taylor as a work rider and John Wayne as travelling head lad!
  • brian1147
    Quite agree with you hippo, would rather it was classed as the greatest miler, not the greatest
    racehorse.
  • Spindrifter
    always some grumpy AH ready to try and piss people off, the horse was f***ing mint and the best there ever was and you know it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mugz
    t will be awful as all "racing " films are! Hope it shows how few individual horses it ever beat (it beat the same horse over and over again)and NEVER ran the Classic Distance (1 1/2 miles).....not a patch on Dancing Brave, Nijinsky et al Maybe they could cast Elizabeth Taylor as a work rider and John Wayne as travelling head lad!Hippo

I dont think youve quite got the jist of this Hippo. The movie isnt going to feature racing pundits sitting round a table discussing the merits of his Timeform rating. :rofl:
  • IanThomasShaw
    Frankel never ran the classic distance, he won the guineas, facepalm.
  • Hippo
    Mugz, I know what a film is! I watched Sea Biscuit and National Beauty!!! Thought this was a racing forum not a Film reviewing service. Much prefer to watch Blazing Saddles than a miler beat about 10 horses in its lifetime! Whay are you featuring the new Tom Cruise movie or a remake of Carry on Nurse! Or was i expecting a panel to sit there and discuss the merits of Sid James and Co!

Spindrifter, great point, so eloquently put!!!....and errr no, i dont know it! never won a 1.5 mile ...the Classic Distance. Never ran in a King George, Arc etc etc etc Good miler, yes, but how many different horses did it ever beat? Just my opinion so dont twist yer knickers, oohhhhhh errrrr missssssus...cue Carry On Sid James Laughter
  • Stevie Wonder
    LOL Mugz.

Sort of agree with Hippo
  • Mugz
    Carry on Nurse or 'the life and times of a jump jockey' as it is known.

:up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.