• Hippo
    oddly busy day for me at Chepstow....check out Southwell if you want evidence of how bad the game can be. Rubbish horses being flogged to death on a wet beach/sinking sand surface for £20 ! yeah well done BHA the perfect ad for racing!

Two trainers i have in my notebook to watch have runners at Chepstow

Alexandra Dunn (already won me a fortune!) and Samuel Drinkwater (not quite as much but still healthy). Neither will win a graded race but boy you can have fun on their huge price horses that pop up now and again and placed so many times. Ignore the =/- on RP...you DONT bet every one of them fgs!

115 Some Can Dance (Drinkwater) its 20/1 andis 7/1 in my tissue. EW

145 Blazing Tom...given no chance in hurdles races (2) against top opposition, its first time chasing and its ptp form is great and reunited with Jack Tudor who is destined for big things. Its a 9/1 shot in my tissue yet 33/1 is available ew

220 Fado Des Brosses...would be easy to go for Severano but it was a short runner and now up in distance. This horse of Evans is being whispered everywhere as a potential star and the 6/1 available may prove a steal in time

250 Broke Away of Alex Dunns. again an 8/1 in my tissue yet 20/1 available ew

325 The race i am looking forward to and hopefully a nice win. I like Johanos of hawkes. The apple of his eye it ran a stormer at Newbury and was brought down at Chelt. His hurdles form was good and the "stars" in this race from big stables look ordinary to me. Ive taken 12/1 ew 8 runners and cannot see me picking up at least ew money

Again youll see not a fav in sight. I dont purposely go for outsiders i go for value and hopefully explaining my tissue shows how i work. i might get wiped out but the logic will pay dividends. i win 3 times as much over jumps than the flat (although after Goodwood its impossible this season!) by sticking to value. But remember Value can be 5/2 as well! Remember Champ last year where i went in Max bet every time and lost once, so dont be obsessed with big prices the same as you shouldnt be obsessed with shorties! Be obsessed with value and logic, ground, trip and weight. The rest will fit in nicely except of course NEVER bet the fat Oaf!!! (joking!)
  • Hippo
    Just had a look at my acca its 485,000/1 ew !!! Happy days!!!
  • Hippo
    Well getting a battering today with just one to go...mind you this is my best best bet of the day...but drifting alarmingly! that last race saw a classic Victor Dartnell gamble...hammered in the market and wins hard held!

All part of the game im afraid!
  • Mancymouth
    Very unlucky with Johanos
  • dodd
    Johanos has ran a blinder there and just couldn’t get back up
  • Hippo
    ...and of course it had to be the fat oaf!!! But ew collected and it did run a cracker. will be winning soon but doubt 12/1 again! Jock gave it a great ride and just lost to a better horse
  • Dadeo
    Alexandra Dunn just won the opening race at Southwell :yikes:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.