• Hippo
    2nd day at Goodwood. Weather much better and if sun continues the ground could dry right up...hopefully!

150 2 small bets here

Mancini 14/1 ew...very reliable and gives it all

Seinesational....Knight targets this meeting and im hoping this is one of his sleepers ew 20/1

225 Tribal Craft...Balding is very excited by this horse and Probert thinks its got a stone improvemernt which means its well in here good ew bet at 14/1

300 The fav should win on all known form. The yank horse beat nothing in France but our Irish guy is insistent we back Alligator Alley at 16/1. Its form looks nothing but he is very excfited by the horse. Reckons Goodwood will suit and it will gibe the fav a fright. at 16/1 its worth a punt

335Well im totally stumped by this. Too Darn Hot is a fav of mine and won really well lto. Has O Briens to beat on paper but that was a weird St James palace stakes...it wasnt even O Briens best horse! Too darn Hot looked drunk, Spencer did a Frank Spencer on Phoenix of Spain and gave it the worst ride ive seen in living memory. Throw in the madness of Lord Glitters being 5/1 and Accidental Agent is 50/1 yet he usually beats Lord Glitters and im totally confused. My bets? Win bet on Phoenix of Spain at 6/1 and ew on Accidental Agent at 50/1. Eve is absolutely convinced he will run his race and be in the 1st 3. Thats good enough for me. Saying all that I sort of want Too Darn Hot to win as we need champions and after Enable and Stradivarius, this would be brilliant for Gosden. On which point, has there ever been a better trainer? He trains brilliantly, he is brilliant with the press and general public and hes straight. When he was in Manton, he had time for everybody and treated everyone the same, from Lady lloyd webber to the sat lad cleaning the stables. He helped owners find trainers when he couldnt accept them and let small trainers use the imperious Manton Gallops and let their good ones gallop alongside his so they new how good he was. He was successful in France and America and son of a legend. Sir John Gosden surely! I bet hes not bothered. Hes been with his long term partner for years and his stable staff are very loyal. He deals with the Arabs with a straight bat and I know Abdulla compares him with the late Jeremy Tree and Guy harwood. He will get a foal and look after it until it goes to stud. A real horseman, a perfect gent, a brilliant trainer and all round nice guy. Cmon Accidental!!!

410 Flippa the Strippa...max bet win 7/2. Cant believe this isnt fav. Ran a stormer on the wrong side at Ascot and unlucky in running. I see fahey has a cheat horse running but surely Flippa can win this?
  • calvert
    Thankx Hippo Interesting as always
  • stainless
    Unlucky Hippo, great run. Almost Sensational !!!!!
  • yesleb
    Good call Hippo. So so close. Cheers.
  • stainless
    2nd Alligator Beach - ran well, but fav just too good. Unlucky.
  • malawi
    great EW well done hippo
  • Hippo
    Feel a bit robbed today even though i made a profit! I do not want to read slowly away or hampered ever again! Joseph o brien was particularly unlucky getting hampered , stopped and knocked about. I think that would have won and must be backed nto. I hope frankie got a sizeable ban as that was irresponsible and dangerous riding and he has history on wards horses. You cant just stop cos your chance has gone! And prescott dpecial does me on the line in the opener! Accidentsl needs avoidance now as this slowly away is happening every time, yet it still ran a corker! Forget Tribals race he got murdered but thats why i dislike Goodwood! Still s profit made so onwards
  • Hippo
    Oh yeah forgot hills runner! Slowly away hampered ran on strongly when race over
  • LDJ
    I’m going to goodwood tomorrow H look forwards to your thoughts on the card :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.