• Hippo
    We should all be knee deep in the July meeting at Newmarket but yesterday scratched around with Brighton, Ponte, Uttox and Wolves (aw in July FGS!!!) and todays dross is Catterick, Ling, Yarmouth Kempton (AW in July again!...hope the 25 peeps there enjoy it!)) and Bath...all decent support meetings (except the dreaded AW in July) but NOT main meetings. Instead theyve moved the July meeting to cooincide with one of the biggest sporting weekend of the summer. im a regular at Newmarket and the July meeting (mid week) was always packed as opposed to Weekend meetings that can be desolate places as its so big. it was an "event" when it was midweek and youd take time off...i used to plan my work calendar around Ascot, Newmarket, Cheltenham etc. But no, the BHA know best. They know squat! Ive had two days of dross when i should have been a pig in shot. No im not going racing at the weekend as im off on hols sunday morning , as many people are before the brats can ruin the resorts!

And as for AW in the Summer? Now the FOBTs have thankfully all but gone demand for AW and American shite will drop like a boulder and nnone will be able to make it pay. Theyve ruined the Derby, The oaks, The Irish equivalents (Iris Horse Auhorities) and many others by removing the "occasion" from them and making them just another saturday competing with 50 other sports....and for who? the new audience? well if you were at Ascot this year on the Tuesday, it was empty (the weather saw to that and a rail strike admittedly), the Derby was a non event and dont mention the Irish derby Shambles, yet carmel is still packed at its famous BH meetings whereas Newmarkets Sat meeting will attract no bigger crowd than any of its other saturdays

just a rant, sorry, no, discussion now we are back to sensible peeps (for the time anyway)
  • Hippo
    I typed this ages ago so maybe my posts now go through a moderation process, i have no issue with that, thats what we were calling for. Still annoyed about the fixture list but as im in Newmarket in my hotel ill stop moaning now!
  • LDJ
    Can’t argue with that H
    more importantly what you backing today at HQ?
  • twobusty
    welcome back Hippo
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.