• AKD
    2:55 Curragh

Aidan O’Brien has a very good record in this Listed race, having won 6 of the 18 runnings, but his last 3 runners in this have been unplaced despite all 3 going off as favourite or joint favourites, Old Glory hasn’t won since his debut win last September and for me he hasn’t done enough this season to warrant such a short price so I am opposing him despite trainer’s record. Jim Bolger is 0 from 14 in this race (finished runner up 5 times), he runs Flight Risk who finished 2nd in this race 4 years ago and 4th 2 years ago, he comes into the race in good form having won the Group 3 Ballycorus Stakes, same race he had won in 2017 before running 4th in this. I think he will be thereabouts again, but is not getting any younger. PINCHECK (11/2) is on same terms as the favourite but is 3 years younger and may still have some improvement, he hasn’t been seen since finishing 3rd (btn 4 lengths) in a Group 2 last September so fitness could be a doubt but this is a drop in class and I think he can run well and at the price he represents value in my opinion. Jessica Harrington won the race last year (5/2 JF) and her two other runners in this race both finished 2nd at 11/4 & 4/1. I wouldn’t rule out Insignia Of Rank, who has done well in top handicaps and although yet to make his mark in Listed company he remains open to improvement as a 4yo, he has previously finished behind both Flight Risk and Old Glory though.

Small bet on Pincheck @ 11/2, saver Insignia Of Rank @ 8/1

Good luck.
  • CMB
    Excellent 1st and 3rd well done
  • AKD
    Thanks, CMB. Would have preferred it other way but saver wins at 10/1 and main selection 3rd, but as Kate (trainer’s daughter) mentioned just before the race that he will need the run.
  • malawi
    great tipping as usual akd very well done
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.