• CMB
    Ger Lyons and Colin Keane over from Ireland for one - Viadera 5/2.
  • CMB
    Ger Lyons Racing

We send VIADERA over the water today to the North of England in hopeful search of some winning black type.This is a stiff track and although we are dropping back a furlong she should be able to cope with the 7f here. She put some bad runs behind her the last day at the Curragh and I would say that was a combination of the better ground and the fact that she had finally shook the winter out of her system. I suppose I am putting a lot of faith in the stiff track here to play to her strengths. She is the top rated in the race and should have to run to her rating to win this. Colin goes over to ride her but will be back at Naas for the last three races.

RITA LEVI could finally have her day in the sun! Her two year old form is rock solid and I would have thought we’d have won her maiden by now but between growing and always bumping into one or two we find her still a maiden. She’s a fine physical and possesses plenty of natural speed and I’m now confident that a stiff 5f is her optimum trip. I hope that the track bias that has been very evident at Naas this year is gone as nobody seems to be able to explain it and it would be typical if it isn’t in play when I get a good draw! We are not blessed with many sprint tracks and this is as good as we have but this year it just hasn’t been working out well, hopefully the summer weather can sort that problem out. Gary will ride tonight as Colin is away.

I’ve been training for Mark Breen over the last two seasons and finally got to meet him as he is in the country on holiday. It’s good to be able to have a runner for him while he’s here and PHOENIX OPEN carries the burden. This is a big home bred by Scat Daddy that has only had the three runs and tonight is his first run in a handicap. Off 72 I don’t think that he’s harshly treated but it has been my experience that the handicapper is rarely that wrong when he posts a mark on one of mine. I would hope that he can be competitive in this tonight and at least run placed but I don’t think he’s far off winning his little race. He will need top of the ground to be at his best so the drier tonight’s conditions the better for him. Colin and I should be back in time for the last three races after our day at Carlisle.

The last race is a fillies maiden over the mile and I start MARMOLATA here. I trained her mother to win a Gr3 (Brownstown Stks) and won with both her brothers. This big filly has ability and should be up to winning her maiden and I’m looking forward to starting her tonight.
  • Egger74
    Keane will be back in Ireland tonight to ride PHOENIX OPEN aswell
  • Rodeo
    piss poor lol
  • Rodeo
    next :rofl:
  • CMB
    Waste of a journey that :roll:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.