• AKD
    Jim Bolger has an excellent record in this with 5 wins and 4 runners up places from his last 18 runners in this race, though only one of those wins was in last 10 years he had runner up for last two years (at prices of 12/1 & 7/1), so Leagan Gaeilge has to be given plenty of respect dropping in class. But she is 5 lbs worse off with Vallambrosa, who was only 2 and a bit lengths behind her last time, latter is 28/1 today so it’s not hard to see where the value is, I think they can both run well but I am looking elsewhere for the winner. CAMPHOR (2/1) has run well on all 3 starts in maidens finishing in first 3, on debut she finished a couple of lengths behind a horse now rated 82 and had a couple of 88-rated horses behind her, 2nd run she was 3 lengths ahead of 84-rated horse and lost her maiden tag at 3rd attempt beating a couple of 74-rated horse, on balance of form she looks fairly treated on opening mark of 78, and there is likely to be more improvement to come. Recent trends also favour her as 3 of the last 5 runnings have been won by horses making their handicap debut. Jessica Harrington’s record in this is not great as she is 0 from 8 which could be a worry, but most of them ran reasonably well and couple finished 2nd at prices of 20/1 & 7/1, and this maybe her best chance. I also considered Latoyah Of North, who has the benefit of course experience as she won her maiden by an impressive 12 lengths over c&d last time, I might have been interested at earlier 8/1 but she is too short at 3/1 now as I feel my one has more potential for improvement.

Win bet on Camphor @ 2/1

Also in 8:30 at Haydock, Calder Prince (8/1) could run well, he has run well here many times before from much higher handicap marks, though David Barron favourite Kripke is also looking pretty solid at top of betting at the moment.

Small e/w double Camphor & Calder Prince

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Short price, but won as easy as she liked.
  • CMB
    Well done mate
  • peregrine
    Nice :cheer:
  • Rodeo
    n1 :starstruck:
  • AKD
    Thanks guys. No joy on the double, picked the wrong Dascombe horse.
  • peregrine
    Just been in and to pick up and some chap came in backing arcanada reckons he got a tip for it.i didn't back it but it was well in on all known form. Unlucky as the stable probably had a touch as it didn't go unpacked.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.