• Mugz
    Anyone steam the web onto a tv, and if so how do you do it?
  • brian1147
    do you mean casting from your phone to your tv set
  • Mugz
    Anything, I just want to know how people do it, whats the best way. I dont have a smart tv, but it does connect to my broadband hub by wifi.
  • herbie
    I do it through Apple TV. Pretty cheap for a box. Chrome cast is another solution
  • brian1147
    Your tv would need the ability to download programs onto it from google store, can't see it doing
    that if it's not a smart tv.
    i use chromecast, about £30 for the gadget. and cast mobdro or freenet tv from my phone(android)
    to the tv
  • herbie
    You don’t need that with Apple TV. Plug the little box in to your tv, introduce to your phone and steam away from your phone
  • Mugz
    The tv cant download but my Tivo box can.
  • milhouse
    Your other option is the Amazon Firestick or a Roku stick or box. I like the firestick and up to you if you take prime. Roku gives you a lot of options. I use Plex a lot and it works so well on Firestick and Roku if you don't have a smart tv. I looked at Chromecast when I was buying the stick, but that wasn't for me, nor was apple TV. It is personal preference. Have a look at what each does and then see which one suits your needs more
  • Mugz
    I have prime. If I get a Firestick can I surf the web or just view what apps come with it?
  • milhouse
    You can surf the web. I have firefox on it. There are other browsers you can add too
  • Mugz
    Cheers. Looks like I will be buying a firestick !
  • herbie
    you said streaming?
  • Mugz
    I may not have got the lingo correct, whats the difference?
  • herbie
    Downloading is kind of having it physically. You can play it again straight after. Streaming ‘downloads’ as you are watching but is slightly behind.
    For instance I stream fights from an app to my tv while they are happening. Assuming you wanted to do the same for RUK or similar
  • Mugz
    I suppose I want both, to watch via apps and for video that might not be available via an app eg a soccer feed that I might just stumble across.
  • brian1147
    if you have an android phone there is an app called apps2fire, basically any app you have on
    your phone can be transfered to the firestick (mobdro&freenet tv) very easily.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.