• Jack Trotter
    Just wondered if anyone who like me subscribes to this channel and uses Sky and has had any issues with the broadcast pictures during the last week or so.

I keep getting the message "not receiving a signal at present" which would normally indicate weather affecting the dish however all the other Sky channels do not seem to be affected and the weather is overcast but mild at present.

I can login and receive good a good broadcast on my laptop or phone but prefer the larger screen of the
    television.

I know Racing TV switched to HD sometime ago and could this be the reason for the break up in the broadcast, I do not know.

Although I subscribe I only ever use this channel for the big meetings or if I have an interest in a race meeting, prefer the real racecourse visit but we are restricted because of this pandemic, so have not being constantly monitoring this.

I maybe better calling them but wanted to see if anyone else has had these issues and could be better to start here and ask other subscribers to this channel.

Any feedback appreciated.

JT
  • Mugz
    Sorry JT I'm not a subscriber at present, and I cant see any complaints on Twitter about picture issues. If no other channels are affected then I think you will have to contact them directly.
  • Jack Trotter
    All sorted. Rang the people at Racing TV, something to do with the frequency on the HD channel 426 SKY and suggested I phone SKY because the issue is their issue. Strange that all the SKY HD channels work perfectly fine. Think there is a "Blame Game" going on there.

However and more interesting is I can still view Racing TV in SD on channel 874 which I never knew.

Me, I am happy to view the racing in SD, and old git like me remembers the days when we never had TV broadcasts of racing or certainly not the day to day racing we have now.

So SD, HD, doesn't matter. :up:

FYI, would you believe it, they have none other than "Ruby Walsh" doing the voice-over for the telephone options, bet he cost a few pounds, pity they could not have put me through to him :lol:

JT
  • Mugz
    :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.