• Mugz
    1000 Guineas

The market seems to be dismissing the chances of Lady Kaya massively here. Cant see why she should be 14/1 coming off the back of a dominating Group 3 win over 7f at Leopardstown. Iridessa was back in 3rd but is 13/2 here. Has to be unfashionable connections, but remember Pam Sly has won a 1000 Guineas. Finished 6th at Newmarket over 6f last September, but I dont think she is a G1 6f horse, but could be a G1 8f horse. Skitter Scatter has had her measure twice and is respected at 6/1, but lacks a recent run. Does look like a tough horse though.
  • AKD
    I was thinking exactly the same thing about Lady Kaya, she would surely be a shorter price if she was from one of the bigger stables. One doubt I have is because it was different ground conditions (though she also has good form on good going, having won by 10 lengths on her 2nd start) for the Leopardstown trial and she was very well backed that day. Definitely with a chance.
  • Mugz
    Ground is an issue for out and out milers because on fast ground they are going at 6-7f pace and you need to be somewhere near the front to win. Her profile should be fine, the fact they had a go at a G1 over 6f is a positive.
  • AKD
    Nice placer, Mugz.
  • Mugz
    Annoying to beat all the fancied horses and not win.

:angry:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.