• Hippo
    I had a cracking day at Epsom last year 3 good price winners, i doubt a repeat today! But there is one good bet

210 Epsom I took Bahamian last year at a big price and it won well. Must have a chance but i dont like where its drawn. Now the RP seem to be at loggerheads with me over draw. I immediately look for low at sprints at Epsom but their comment about my selection suggests the opposite! Oh well! Now i wouldnt trust Midgely with my mums pension but i think Merry Banter must have a chance from his draw. Its a front runner but the RP see his draw as a major negative thus its 25/1 which should be 7/1 in my tissue. Small ew at 25/1

245 Cap Francais. ive waited all winter to see this run again. Ed Walker thinks this could be anything and has thrown it in the deep end. i took 13/2 last night which i thought was short enough but i see its 9/2 now. i think it will drift as O Briens and Gosdens will be supported but ive had a good win bet. Win lose or draw, this WILL win races this year.

320 Now Im shocked to see Soto Sizzler as 3/1 fav. I spotted this was a job at Goodwood last year and had bets at 40/1 and 33/1 and it won easy at 20/1.Knight always has a plot job for Goodwood and that was clearly it. I didnt back it again and i must take it on today with something. now Medailia De Oro sticks out as a "quiet one" and im sure it will win a decent race this year. small bet ew at 25/1 but notebook material whatever happens

355 Sentimental bet only but i cant have What About Carlo at 50/1...its not that bad! Runs really well over C and d. Eve admitted she made a mistake putting it over hurdles as it hated them and its just not the same horse. Shes hoping Epsom make awaken the talent so small ew at 50/1 for old times sake. Its not a fancy but this chap owes me nowt and i hope they retire him if it runs another dud.

So a few muck about ew bets and one decent win bet
  • micky
    Thanks for the write up, Hippo. Good luck!
  • yesleb
    Thanks. It's always good to read your insights.
  • john smith
    unlucky with MB - went to evens in running - ran a cracker from stall 1
  • Hippo
    25s into 9s and ran a cracker. At the furlong pole i thought hed won it...but still good ew profit. i see Cap Francais has been really well punted since last night...hope it can match the confidence in running!
  • Hippo
    Fast closing 2nd...not sure about the ride he gave 9having to switch around the winner) but the fact it was clsoing fast suggests it will get 1.5 miles. a winner waiting to happen....the 3rd was 6lengths clear of the 4th so suggests it was a good performance
  • FLA
    Yea the ride wasnt the best to be honest . Good call tho as usual
  • Hippo
    5th having lead all the way...of course Soto won!!!
  • FLA
    Sods law hippo. keep them coming :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.