• Hippo
    Not my fav day today so a quiet one except an obvious bet later

145 Kobrak

Theyve been trying to get this to a track for ages but its had loads of niggles and needs almost heavy ground. Just as it went very soft yesterday its now drying quickly! small ew @20/1. This is ex Mcacire and from the same route as sprinte sacre and was very higly rated in France. Will be a storming chaser

Small ew also on Brecon Hill who owes me nothing after it won me my 2nd largest bet of the season. Bowens on board after the farcical ride by Jacob last time and 33/1 is big

220 Itchy Feet win at 9/2

Have to stick with it after winning me a nice pot at Cheltenham. No 40/1 and 33/1 this time but this track should suit better and thank god theyve stuck with Sheehan and not gone for Johnson (why did he not kick on with La Bague knowing Kalashikov was a doubtful stayer?)

Precious Cargo is all the rage and is fancied but ive not been over struck with its two wins 9will bolt up now!)

250 Trying to get Topofthegame beat! Im going with Chris Dream ew and a small win on Lost in translation

325 Want politilogue beaten! Small bet on Top Notch ew at 12/1

405 Small ew on Doitforthevillage....veryt unlucky last time not to be placed, a very genuine horses and paul Hendersons fancies it running a big race

440 Champ max bet at 3/1...i said it all at Cheltenham and i stick by it. Small saver on Walk Away at 12/1 which I know is fancied

515 Blackhills of Dakota ew at 16/1

Speculative day and Nicholls will probably win the two chases
  • Dazzler
    Good luck Hippo and hope the 'fat oaf' doesn't spoil it for you! Like Carnadier in first and going for Champ too!
  • dodd
    Hippo are you still as confident in Champ over 3 miles? Done my beans on him at Cheltenham ...
  • dodd
    Might have to leave it now. Elliott plot could be on with Dallas Des Pictons & Woods Well
  • Hippo
    Wow, Lostintransaction was impressive. Dodd, the confidence in Champ is sky high. They always thought it would be a 3 miler but kept running it under 3 because it was so impressive. The feeling is if its there coming to the last it will sprint clear. The horse that beat it at Cheltenham is a potential superstar as well. Ive had my nuts on it i have to admit...and the missus is not happy! Hopefully she will be after it runs.
  • dodd
    Ok mate you’ve convinced me. :lol: good luck to us
  • micky
    After my selection Pleasant Company just being denied last year, nobody else spotted that Mullins plot, I suggest that this year Elliott may have the plot with General Principle, my only doubt is Kennedy getting the choice and going for Dounikos, both are playable prices, and again General Principle comes in with similar profile to last year. Make of that what you will, but I've been making hay backing Elliott today.
  • Mugz
    Well done hippo.

:clap:
  • herbie
    Great shout sir
  • dodd
    You the man Hippo
  • milhouse
    Thank you Hippo. The last post encouraged me to have a bit.more on. Well chuffed. Hope you are in the wife's good books now
  • moggy
    Hippo you are a Champ!!! :smile:
  • FLA
    Thanks hippo
  • Hippo
    Cheers guys. I was chuffed that my eyes hadnt deceived me and to see barry swinging on the bridle was a joy! Too be honest i was just as please seeing doitforthe village running a geeat race. Paul never lost faith in his stable star . Great day all round and wow will champ be good next year! Also the fat oaf losing the big 2 races made me very pleased!
  • FLA
    M p Walsh took the ride hippo. Barry broke his leg . Just to keep ya updated
  • dodd
    Didn’t realise that FLA. As I was watching it on mute. What a cracking few months for Mark Walsh. A great ride and delivery today.
  • FLA
    A superstar for sure . Thanks for the write up I've been following since you said :smile:
  • dodd
    write up? Think you may have me mistaken with another member mate.
  • FLA
    Thought I was replying to hippo .... Sorry Dodd mistaking just like the jockey :lol:
  • twobusty
    top bombing
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.