• Hippo
    Im in Liverpool for the 3 days and had an interesting night out yesterday! Totally different feel than Cheltenham but still as enjoyable. The crowd are not as knowledgeable but still good fun people who want to enjoy themselves.

Ok these are not my thoughts, not tips, not "these will win" or anythingof the sort. These are what I will be backing or what ive backed antepost (im most excited about Verdana Blue). Its showery but blustery too so hopefully the ground will ride nearer good than soft.

I had a great Cheltenham betting wise, so will be having a few more bets at Aintree where im normally cautious.

145 La Bague Au Roi ive backed at 5/2 when Defi was still in. i am still having a saver on Glen Forsa. I had a decent bet on him at Chelt and knew id lost my money with the farcical start. Hopefully he can jump off in front and make all. But the weiegt La Bague carries should men she wins

220 Great race with the best two juveniles taking each other on. I was very impressed with Band of Puutlaws and i ignored Pentland Hills at Chelt. Im not today! Nico thinks it has a great chance and still learning. Im having a small saver onSong for Someone at 50/1. Tom Symonds has been shouting this from the rooftops. So win on Pentland at 5/2 and ew on Song at 50/1

250 Kemboy is rightly all the rage and was unlucky to be tripped at Chelt but im having a small win on Road to Respect as it will like the better ground.

325 Im hoping Bueaveur D'Air runs a stormer but i was adament after Chelt i must be on Verdana Blue nto. It needs good ground so hopefully these showers stop and the wind continues. I took 33/1 for this immediately after Chelt and think it has a great chance. Never put in to it at Chelt as it disliked the soft ground and undulations, this should be right up its street. It has to stay but fingers crossed. So ew on Verdana Blue at 33/1 and s/f Bueveur to beta Verdana

4.05I know Burning Ambition is highly thought of and laid out for this so win at 6/1 and a small ew saver on Bear Affair at 33/1

440 Theinval loves it here and got its grround. ew at 14/1

515 had to back this after sandown where i thought it was a very unlucky loser, Farne ew 14/1 4 places or 11/1 6 places. I think it may even win!

Also a multiple: La Bague, Pentland Hills, Bueveur

Good luck and lets all respect each other. i realise i lost it a bit at Chelt with a certain Clinic chap. Not happening again I asuure you. Lets hope day one isnt too painful
  • dodd
    Good luck Hippo. I’ve had a large bet on La Bague Au Roi who’s been laid out for this after passing up Cheltenham.
  • AKD
    Good luck, Hippo. Win or lose, it’s always good to read your views. I am also on Road To Respect, thought he ran well at Cheltenham, interesting they are sending it here (will probably also run at Punchestown), has very similar form to, and been running in mostly same races as, First Lieutenant who won this for the owners few years ago.
  • micky
    You lucky old soandso, enjoy! Thanks for the analysis.
  • peregrine
    hope you went out round mathew street hippo.plenty of bars and most have live music.good luck at aintree. and ill be posting a bet later.
  • Hippo
    wow, that was some performance for Kemboy. The rain has not stopped so Verdana may have well stayed at home. Also shows the King George form is poor as Clan laboured passed Balko thrashed by the winner. I will take whatever i can get on Beaveur now!
  • Hippo
    Oh yes, Pentland won well against a very tough opponent both going clear. Good to see all the Chelt races getting boosts
  • dodd
    Thanks for PH Hippo mate. Pulled me out a hole
  • Hippo
    wow, WHAT a race. We have retired to our box ( not mine i can assure) as the weather is fowl! Just saw the last 2 furlongs on Tv...three jocks going for absolutely everything and the horses all responding, plus Ruby pulling up a legend very sensibly. These guys do not get paid enough for the entertainment they provide. Henderson pulled Verdana and Brain Power sensibly, its a bog and questions will be asked how its turned into a bog so quickly. Yes theres been rain but not enough to turn "genuinely good ground" on Tuesday into the bog it is now. Just look at the mud spattered jocks coming back. More and more NRs to come im afraid. Ive heard several trainers moaning, not about the state of thew ground now, but how it has deteriated so quickly. If this continues, there wont be a National come 515 on sat...the doogooders will say its two heavy (A la Red Marauder)! Still great fun but limiting future bets
  • Hippo
    what a ride from Rachael and what a gamble. we joined it at 8/1 once we knew Theinval was a definite NR...all of the Irish owners seemed to have been on it! this lady is a sensation. 23 wins at Chelt winner at Aintree and 2nd in the Irish Championship to paul townend who rides all Willie Mullins home runners. Ive had a few quid on Valseur tomorrow, partly because im a huge fan of rachaels but it is a high class hurdler and maiden chasers with top hurdles form have won before. Ive fairly lumped on farne throughout the day as soft will suit (as per sandown) and had a few quid on Misty Whisky when it went 10/1. The weather has been horrendous but ive made a few quid and had a rather nice box to myself (well 23 people!!). we have the box again tomorrow but not Saturday so hope the weather improves on Sat! Youve probly seen the massive gamble on Minella Melody. oddly De Bromheads lot were a lot more confident about Moon Over germany. I hope so as ive had rather a lot on farne ew...but got 6 places so im a bit of a coward!
  • Hippo
    Farne ran a cracker so overall happy with that. Most helpful WBY but as above not rising to childish remarks. On to tomorrow for another great days racing
  • jimfl
    Well done hippo and thanks
  • Maxh
    Good write-up and some great pointers
  • ToonFanBry
    Thanks Hippo, always great to read your write ups. :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.