• Hippo
    Well I was reading this with interest in the post (below). A lot of guys seemed incredibly impressed with Cyrname and in light of the handicapper rating it 3lb higher than Altior this must be the bet of the century at 14/1 and you guys must have waded in (having read your comments in an earlier piece). Also the fact that Altior will be going up to 2.5 miles after its less than convincing win at Cheltenham.

Id be (genuinely ) interested in peoples views?

"Cobden believes the emphatic Ascot Chase winner is now a more mature horse whose aversion to running left-handed is behind him, putting the seven-year-old in the frame for a potential clash with Altior in the Melling Chase, for which Altior is priced up at 8-13, with Cyrname available at 14-1."
  • JOEMUGG
    its 4/1 not 14s
  • milhouse
    10/11 available for Altior. It is on the drift. Cyrnane is 4/1 from 14s. Will the layers go odds against Altior? That has to be a must bet if they do
  • Hippo
    Hi Joe

Yes i see that. Just pasted quote from todays post! I wonder did anyone get 14s...seemed crazy to me! But im with Millhouse, ill wait for odds against Altior
  • Mugz
    Youd be crazy not to back at 14/1 and I cant honestly believe any bookmaker went that price.
  • JOEMUGG
    i think it was an error surely
  • milhouse
    Paddy power is showing it as 14/1. Surely not for long or for much money
  • Hippo
    The post have updated the article with this:

Cobden believes the emphatic Ascot Chase winner is now a more mature horse whose aversion to running left-handed is behind him, putting the seven-year-old in the frame for a potential clash with Altior in the Melling Chase. Bookmakers reacted by cutting Cyrname to a top-priced 4-1 (from 14) and easing Altior to 10-11 (from 8-13)."

So it appears that 14/1 was genuinely available
  • AKD
    I think 14/1 was because they weren’t expecting Cyrname to run at Aintree. Even now he is not a definite starter, as far as I know all they have said is that Aintree is one of the options.
  • Doubler
    Nicky Henderson

@sevenbarrows
    Altior and Santini will NOT run @AintreeRaces next week. More details in my @UnibetRacing blog out later today.

12:55 PM - Mar 29, 2019

Wouldn't mind a bit of the 14/1 now.
  • AKD
    Cheers Doubler.

Cyrname cut to 5/2, Politologue the new favourite at 2/1.
  • Hippo
    I had a feeling Henderson was leaning this way when odds against Altior popped up. interesting the betting is not reflecting the handicappers view/rating! Still think hes a chump for rating Cyrname above Altior (6 wins from 16 races? How can he be the best chaser in the UK?)

I suppose the odds could reflect the uncertainty of Cyrname lining up but surely if the hcaper and Nicholls are right it should canter all over Politilogue or though I have a feeling it wouldnt!
  • peregrine
    yes i thought henderson would back out .got a feeling altior picked up a injury at cheltenham when it jumped the water. stil it won. as for all the talk by the pundits of putting it in the king george bring it on. ill platt crap if it wins that. it will be the biggest lay of the season.
  • peregrine
    looked back at this hippo and cyrname pulverised politologue at ascot. around 20 lengths. !
  • JOEMUGG
    politologue was probably a lot fitter at chelts and for aintree as it showed last year winning
    so its not easy to compare the form line
  • peregrine
    might have a point joe but i wouldnt back politologue against cyrname.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.