• The Clinic
    Triumph - the cert of the week for me. Sir Erec. A promising group 1 stayer on the flat in soft ground. His first run over hurdles was average but he improved massively for the experience next time out when he romped right away after the last, He should be impressive here flying away up the hill, big brute of a horse with a big stride. Nothing in the race to trouble him either. 5+ lengths.

County - No bet race. Nothing is standing out to me. One thing I don't do though is back Ruby Walsh in big field handicaps so I'd avoid the fav. These aren't the races he wins, he's a grade 1 jockey.

Albert Bartlett - Lisnagar Oscar E/W. This is a clear as day pick for me. With a perfect trip round I'm pretty sure he wins but we know it sounds easier than it is. The way this horse picks up reminds me of Paisley Park. A strong stayer that grabs at the ground and gets his head down and finds and finds, that's what you want. Was beaten here in December but that was for missing the last hurdle but a brilliant run nonetheless.

Gold Cup - Presenting Percy & Native River both E/W. Listen this is what I do every year because it's a no brainer. Native River is always going to place at least, he jumps and stays so he's a free bet and I knew he'd win last year in the mud. It's a bit drier this year so you have to find a horse with a bit of class to go past him. The first year I did Sizing John & Native River E/W so that was a big win and now I'll go Presenting Percy. Was all over him last year in the RSA. Perfect performance and exactly what you want in a Gold Cup horse. He jumps, travels, quickens and stays. Nothing wrong with his preparation, that doesn't worry me in the slightest. He idled in front last time, he does that he was still comfortable. Native River had one run before the Gold Cup last year. I've been a fan of Clan Des Obeaux from day one but he's never struck me as a Gold Cup type at all. Usually been a powerhouse that needs a long flat straight. He's been to Cheltenham 4 times and lost 4 times. Kemboy was impressive at Leopardstown but DJ Mullins is on so we can rule that out. Don't think any of the rest need a mention.

Foxhunter - Stand Up And Fight & Caid Du Berlais both E/W. Process of elimination and I'm left with these 2 that match the trends of the winner of this race and they both come here in form. This race is full of old horses, Caid Du Berlais is 10 now but he's still got this in him and Stand Up And Fight is only 7 so he should have too much for these old boys. You saw Faugheen & UDS at 11 yesterday, they're too old. Stand Up And Fight is the one more guaranteed to stay on stronger so I'd favour that more.

Grand Annual - A clear pick in a handicap again like Band Of Outlaws. Magic Saint E/W. Stands out like a sore thumb to me. Again he obviously needs a good trip round but I'd be confident if he does. 5 years of age and improving. He looked like he had a lot more in the locker last time and what's against him? They're all exposed. Justanothermuddle won at Sandown which is Gary Moore's back yard, wow. Mind's Eye has Blackmore on. Brelan D'As has already been here and came nowhere in not the strongest of races. Has Le Prezien beat a horse home this year? Bun Doran has Brennan on. Can't ride. Whatswrongwithyou has De Boinville on, we all know I don't back De Boinville. Marracudja has Skelton on. Can't ride. Weak race.

Martin Pipe - the curtain closer so I probably will have a bet but on what I don't know. Dallas Des Pictons definitely stands out but does he stand out enough to be going straight win at 3/1 I'm not sure. Daybreak Boy caught my eye. He looked like he had more in hand when he won last time. The other 2 are If You Say Run and Mount Mews who are big prices to get into the places. Mount Mews is a bit of an awkward horse but he's got a big race in him when he puts it altogether.

Big last day which should get off to a bang with Sir Erec!
  • milhouse
    Made my point on Sir Erec, cannot understand the price. Could win but mad bet at the price.

Again you criticise a jockey. David Mullins won the national at 19, I have no worries with his ability. I am on Kemboy to break Willie Mullins gold cup drought
  • The Clinic
    made your point on Sir Erec? You predicted he’d lose a shoe and break his leg I suppose? Clown.
  • milhouse
    Is your only way of communicating to lower yourself to name calling???
    I posted before the race. I had no idea he was going to go wrong, it is awful. The post I wrote I tried to put some reasoning why I didn't think he was a short priced favourite, I also said he might well win. I thought this board was about opinions and discussing. I should have known better and expected to return to playground tactics :roll:
  • herbie
    Surely ‘The Clinic’s’ time on here is coming to a close? Crazy.
  • herbie
    Surely ‘The Clinic’s’ time on here is coming to a close? Crazy.
  • Hippo
    Just back from festival. Great day marred by sir eric accident. Tragic but crowd respect was amazing. Then i read thos clowns barbed analysis and childish rant at millhouse!! Mugz do the decent thing fgs.

Had we have a dream for a huge win but sadly out done by a handicsp plot. Had pentland tho and gewat ride by useless Nico! And thankfully std clinic made me have a couple of quid on Rachaels 50/1 winner but had lumped on dickie diver ew already so had good place and unexpected win! Wishi could have switched the stakes!

Loved the fsct Rachael ends up 4th best jock and nico wins, so feck you clinic twot! Sorry guys but had to get that off my chest! Hope none of you followed this delusional idiot to the poor house! Good though that his post proved hes a clueless idiot! Unless southwell was on of course!

Annoyed at gold cup as i thought Alboum was his best chance but couldnt have him as the winner! Chuffed thst clan didnt win as that king george form was dodgy....everything fell or ran no race and the fact brostol thrashed it yoday told me thats a bad king george!

Felt sorry for myself as i backed bun dooran but that winner ran s brilliant race and ben case is a good bloke, so fair play

Do sll in all i had a cracking few days except black weds of course!

Hopefully mugz band this idiot as i enjoy posting but will never be bullied!
  • dodd
    Can’t we just have a serious discussion without all the barbs and people getting hot and flustered by a sweary word on the internet?

Hippo you’re dragging this out with TC now. You said the other day you wouldn’t be posting again and not for the first time. You need to stop getting emotionally involved when people have a different perception from yourself. This is not a dig because I like you Hippo and I like what you bring to the forum, the picks,,the info, the write ups and overall breakdown and the raw edge to your analysis. Please don’t take everything to heart. FWIW The Clinic has been good enough to give his thorough thoughts on the festival, whether you deem that good or bad or whether you’re in profit or at a loss.

It’s time like this when the forum thrives, when knowledgeable posters like yourselves can give some less racing intellectual posters like myself an angle to find. Let’s all get along lads ffs.
  • Hippo
    Dodd, respect what youre saying, but have you been called a “spastic “ lately? Thought those days had gone but acceptable on a board? Cool if thsts whst you want?

Wby, youve made your opinion about me clear before and “clown” is acceptable, but “spastic “ isn’t.

Anyhoo, no worries guys, i will continue to fight bullies in life, but not on here as it appears it’s allowed.

Again, my opinion snd something i feel strongly about.

I wish you well guys and kerp beating those bookies
  • peregrine
    Hippo the going helped Bristol de mai on genuine good ground think it might have been different.when you summarise the race and your not half cut. Clan des obeaux has run a huge race. Only a 7 yr old up there all the way.the first 4 all liked soft heavy going.hope it makes back next yr and gets its ground
  • milhouse
    afraid he did use that word to Hippo. Utter disgusting. On a side note, Hippo has probably forgotten more about horse racing than you will ever know. Jealousy takes many a different guise and your post did have that whiff of green cheese
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.