• peregrine
    cannot believe the price of old guard in this 4.1. i must be missing something. better off at the weights with if the cap fits. you can back it each way at paddy powers to be in the first 3 ! and unless it falls or goes wrong ill be very very shocked. cant have hippos lil rockerfella over this distance. this is my opinion. but those of you who follow him good luck. i might be wrong. ballymoy twisters record round here isnt anything to shout about. so the c/d horses have got to be looked at . and obviously my conclusion on ground that suits old guard is my choice. have a nice day chaps.
  • peregrine
    and yes i know lil rockerfella is a c/d winner before anyone pops on.
  • Dadeo
    1st & 2nd in this same race last year.
  • AKD
    Good luck, Peregrine, and everyone. I am going to throw another one into the mix, Vision Des Flos, admittedly his strike rate isn’t great but has run some good races in defeat, finishing 2nd in Grade 1 Novices at Aintree and Punchestown festivals last season, and was 2nd behind Buveur Dair earlier this month. Adjusted weights put him only 1 lb behind the favourite and level with Ballymoy and Old Guard, and he is only 6 so could yet improve. Whoever wins, it has to be said this looks a very good renewal of the race.
  • dodd
    Plenty of opinions on this race today. You’re never far from the mark Peregrine but ive already backed Hippos so good luck all
  • peregrine
    yes and i cant even get the time of the race right 2.50 it is . so if mine ets off at 2.40 i might have a chance. lol.
  • Hippo
    Looks a cracking race and im with you on reasoning for old guard. This is more of pssing on what king thinks. He thinks Lil is a different beast following wind op and briony asked to ride Lil (normally rides old guard). Let the best horse win!
  • peregrine
    Nice akd old guard 4th out on its feet mistake before the sand put paid to any chance.
  • AKD
    Thank you, Dodd, Peregrine. Only had a small bet on it, but also have it in a small each way double with Skipthescales (3:45 Carlisle), so fingers crossed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.