• Hippo
    Two cracking races. Bachelor has to be s shoe in surely? Ive had s good bet at 3/1. Was stoll in there when falling in St Erecs race. Ive also doubled it with hendersons in the movice at 6/4. Its form behind birchdale is different class and msy be odds on tomorrow
  • dodd
    Thanks Hippo. I’ve backed these
  • Dragon2
    Best of luck Hippo. Have followed you on both
  • Hippo
    13/8 and evens now so ive got value no matter what!
  • JOEMUGG
    dr richard kimble in the first 16s ew
    or 11/1 4 places big odds
  • JOEMUGG
    dam other flat horse won
    kimble ran well for a long way.
  • Hippo
    well i best start talking Mandarin! In the pub last night when we were going through the races i said "im a chinaman" if Kings wins. I backed in lto in a rubbish race (for the course) when his first string was useless and this plodded on against an ok horse of Tom Symonds. Backed off the boards ttoday it sprints clear and two hotpots unplaced! On this form Praeceps wins the Triumph by 25 lengths (through Bachelor and St Erec). Or am i just talking Mandarin!

I think youll find that race is ultra suspect as the 2nd and 3rd are useless and no way was that Bachelors or Hendersons form.Saying that, if you can believe what you just saw, you just saw the Triumph Hurdle winner!...my ass! ho hummm
  • Doubler
    Well neither of them enhanced the respective form. that's for sure. :roll:
  • JOEMUGG
    Will hill mentioned before the race
    Batchelor was greatly flattered by its race last time out as it was a very slow run race and it was dead on its legs when it fell , they considered its price today way too short.
    they also mention that the horse that beat praeceps comfortably by 9l in dec is running on saturday and
    is about 4/1 ante post called song for someone.
  • Hippo
    Will Hill? If Song for Someone beats Angels Hill on sat ill eat my Chinese Hat!

as for dead on its feet? I disagree , i back Sir Erec that day and we all agreed how well Bachelor had ran and was not finished yet so were "relieved" when it fell. The commentary also didnt suggest it was "out on its feet"....."Soon tracked leaders in 3rd until left 2nd at 3rd, led off home turn, joined approaching last where fell (op 16/1 tchd 14/1)"...if thats dead on its feet im a Mongolian (part Chinese). And remember Sir erec won a Grade 1 on Sunday and is hot fav for the Triumph (when Joseph O Brien probably has 6 of the best juveniles in training).

Also what about Lisaheen castles run? What were Will hills remarks about that before the race? did they think it was a short price too (11/8)? And i note you backed Johnstons horse? Surely with will hills insight about Bachelor and presumably Hendersons you should have been piling in on Praeceps instead of betting on something that had little chance of placing (in this company) nevermind winning. Im puzzled by your logic?

fair play to Praeceps (ex Prescotts which usually means its been beaten the granny out of by Luke Morris...only rated 75 on the flat), but we knew all about it and King thinks its a moderate horse that will end up handicapping. The market was weird (Lisaheen solid overnight yet drifted on course evs to 11/8 and Bachelor hammered in overnight to 13/8 from 3/1 yet drifted to 9/4 on course and Praeceps.....5/1 last night hammered and roughly the same this morning, gets hammered on the course to 5/2).The result also questioned by two no hopers 2nd and 3rd. I also note Hendersons other hotpot ran no race (and this is really top class form) so im not going to lose sleep over it and will look to see how Bachelor and lisaheen run next time. Ill get my cash back when Angels Breath hammers Song for Someone on Sat...if they do indeed meet but the fact Angels is listed at 7/2 suggests it wont.

these things happen and you take rough with the smooth but i hate being left puzzled by a race and that one has me puzzled. Im still stunned thwe winner won (and it won very well indeed) but cannot believe that form will stand up.

onwards and all that!
  • JOEMUGG
    I didnt hear what will had said till it revued the race only 2 mins before it started.
    lisaheen they also said was very short
  • Hippo
    So they didnt name the winner but just said the short priced horses were “very short”! No doibt they said Enable was very short for the Arc! And no doubt no comment after it pissed it! Not having a go at you Joe, youre just the messenger, but hardly a vintage piece of journalism from a bookie ! (The worst on the high street). rkle was also a bit short and Altior is very short! Beggars belief!
  • JOEMUGG
    I must admit i find will hill radio pundits excellent worth a listen they change daily and I dont always agree but they have some good points and often info.
    Clearly they work for a bookie but all seem independent views.
    I have seen them go through the card
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.