• Hippo
    After a hectic weekend at Newbury on Friday and Sat, ive only just regained my breath!

On Sat we saw a remarkable treble from Nicky Hendersons who all needed the run! This must have other trainers wondering whats left for me! ie he can send out half fit horses and still win!

Santini is everything the rumbles from Seven Barrows were hinting at. Despite looking as if he had had just finished his summer stint at Blackpool, he produced a flawless round of jumping (until the last 2!) to win going away at a brilliant price of 11/8 ( he would have been 1/2 if fitness rumours werent flying around the course!). this is a serious horse who will improve a stone for this and you could see how chuffed Nicky was

then he unleashed an absolute beast in Champ who won on the bridle despite looking like Billy Bunter! this is a serious horse and not a hcapper. Again he was weak because of fitness issues

Then of course Buveur's mighty performance at Newcastle. Im not bigging it up BECAUSE he beat Samcro as i have always thought (and openly stated on here before the trolls start) that Samcro is overrated and overhyped. But it was the way Buveur won and hurdled when again only half fit (as per Nickys interview afterwards). this is a serious racehorse who will improve a stone for the run that means hes already won the Champion!

i also have to give a shout to Lady Buttons who looked a million dollars and won in a hack canter. So impressive over hurdles and fences i hope she keeps improving into graded company

A great weekend for pointers and all eyes on Plumpton today. Amy murphys star will win today but i have had a serious bet with a good friend that this will never win a graded chase and will be back hurdling come March! it is just not a natural and had several hard races last year. lalor would jump it into the ground!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.