• Hippo
    Im off to very windy and rainy Newbury tomorrow so will post early. was at Sherwoods stable this morning and it was very wet. Newbury are sticking with Good to Soft, well good luck with that!

For the record he thinks his 3 runners at Taunton today are better than their odds suggest 20/1, 20/1 and 12/1 and while not expecting to win they may creep into a place

New 1210 Severino...i waded in lto only to come across a Tizard special from France who may be a superstar. Severino won the race without him and i said it was borrowed money at the time. Now id be going max tomorrow but O Brien runs Strong glare who won that hot bumper at Chelt! Tempers my net now but will still have a few quid on Sherwoods

120 I really liked Katesons attitude and although it has to give 5lbs im having a bet. Im also saving on The Drunken pirate who Tom garner rides. apparently hes very keen on it so ill probably back both depending on price

225 All eyes on Willoughby after its flop in the Dipper...has worked with some of Hendersons chasers and now jumps lower as he was ballooning fences. i think it will win but 2/1 reflects that in a trappy race so im leaving it alone

300 Wholestone...always a great price and very underarted. ive won fortunes on this most genuine horse and am backing it again at 5/2 which is much better value than Sam or YouknowhatimeanHarry
  • Hippo
    Feel a bit cheated that im not looking at a win treble! Severino has run into one again...i was counting my money and what was worse is one of Bens owners (not the winner) was with us and giad it had no chance! I got 4/1 on it last night as well so more annoying. Got 5/2 last night on kateson and the bookies were knocked over with katesons money. that was good giving weight. Good bet going onto Wholestone but i see TRV/Sunderland Sam has appeared to put his wife's mortgage on it so my confidence is lowered! However i think it was a bookie on Fleet Street on the Monopoly Board and he also put the iron, dog and boot on it. Have a feeling he may land on Chance and end up in jail! But i will be cheering on wholestone nonetheless!
  • Deleted User
    Hippo you have had a good day though few drinks bit lunch and maybe unlucky but that racing you ride the ups and downs, TRV SUND SAM he will have been sedated by now and sleeping like a baby. Hope you didn't get to wet, Tell me is the pub still at the Windsor entrance I think it was Windsor lad back in the day many happy times there great memory's.
  • Mugz
    Went today, last minute decision as it was a glorious day. Kateson was my only winner. Not sure it was a day for spotting top class talent, but Knocknannus delivered the best performance of the day with a dominating fluent front running display, and would be an interesting horse to follow.
  • Mugz
    They knew that Unowhatimeanharry was on his game today. Well backed at the off and Wholestone was very weak 9/4 to 3/1. Didnt travel great, but then thats him, but stays really well and nothing was going to beat him from 2f out. Saw each way money for Clyne with bookies laying off bets and taking 14/1 and 12/1 around the ring, and it ran accordingly.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.