• Hippo
    Just had a few quid on the brilliant Ladbroke chase on Friday at Newbury

the key to this race is how good can Santini be and a race at Newbury a couple of weeks ago (best novice chase this season) where the 1st 3 face each other again
    La Bague Au ra
    Lost in translation
    Talkischeap

Now Thomas Campbell, was 4th in this race and has won since. Santini is in the same ownership.

i said after the race that La baque jumped the best, lost In was super fit but the one that took the eye was Talkischeap yet the 1st two are 4/1 and Talkischeap is 25/1! Talk cantered round and although I had a bet on Thomas Campbell, i thought "how far" Talk 3 out. it was never put in the race at anytime as La Bague and Lost battled it out to the line with talk still seemingly going well. Now two out it was cantering and its 2 furlongs shorter Friday.....I have just a reasonably sized bet ew on it, reduced from a max as the word from Hendersons yard is this Santini could be something special over fences

All in all its a brilliant race and win lose or draw you must watch it!
  • Sunderland Sam
    Why bother betting if its not about the money?
    Pot, kettle, black. TEAM JOE rests it case. Good luck with your selection. Hippo's buffonery is certainly entertaining.
  • herbie
    Confident for a newbie aren’t you?
  • lucabrasi
    off to Newbury on Friday, much appreciated Hippo
  • Bet2win
    Sam
    is there a need to chase people around the forum slagging them, if you feel the need to slag off people go back to the main thread.

we are all here for opinions and what people think.
    its a racing forum.
  • Dazzler
    What about Buveur D'Air Hippo, straight enough to beat the race fit Samcro?
  • CMB
    EW double on yours and Dingo Dollar Saturday
  • Hippo
    looks as if Santini probably wont run and La Bag now fav. Im hoping field gets smaller and smaller and Talkischeap is declared. Small movement to 20/1. Problem is MNewbutry is getting hit hard by the rain and I fear Heavy ground which may see loads of NRs. Butbthats the risk of Ante post

all noises about Buveur D'Air are positive and i personally wouldnt fear Samcro...it will fall to pieces trying to keep up with Buveur.
  • peregrine
    W greatex lot fancy le bag roi hippo and the more rain the better for beauvir. think Somerville boy will also like conditions. Always remember the main objective for top animals is March at cheltenham.but jolly good luck.
  • Bet2win
    Talkischeap into 7/1 now Hippo.
  • Bet2win
    1.50 – Ladbrokes Novices' Chase (Registered As The Berkshire Novices' Chase) (Grade 2) Cl1 (4yo+) 2m3f187y ITV4

10/11 – Aged 5 or older
    10/11 – Returned 7/2 or shorter in the betting
    9/11 – Finished in the top 3 last time out
    8/11 – Favourites placed in the top 2
    8/11 – Ran in the last 7 weeks
    7/11 – Yet to win over fences
    7/11 – Aged 5 or 6 years-old
    5/11 – Ran at Cheltenham last time out
    4/11 – Winning favourites
    3/11 – Trained by Nicky Henderson
    2/11 – Ridden by Barry Geraghty
    2/11 – Trained by Paul Nicholls
    The average winning SP in the last 10 runnings is 11/4
  • Hippo
    As predicted Santini is a NR but only 4 now entered where i need 5! Talkischeap is going to run and actually it has the same two horses to beat when i had the bet LaBague Au Roi and Lost In translation so in a way im still in the same position but would have liked the insurance of ew! Still 25/1 sis still value, win lose or draw
  • Bet2win
    Hippo
    would you not be covered by the ante post rule where as there were more than 8 runners when you backed talkischeap, your terms were 1.2.3, places.
  • Hippo
    Im actually checking that but i think because its gone below 5 runners theres some sort of get out clause like 1/2 my stake back etc Im on the case!
  • Mugz
    10/1 in a 4 runner race.
  • CMB
    Hippo let me know how you get on. I backed at 25/1 ew also
  • CMB
    My bet showing up as placed? Not complaining
  • Hippo
    just Checked...mine too! apparently paid 2 places! result. Really unlucky on severino...he just keeps running into "one" and laceys has put me well in profit...just need Wholestone and ill have had a cracking day...need it though with the price of a round here! ill have to borrow some off TRV errrr Sunderland Sam when he wins his £1/4 million on wholestone!
  • CMB
    Lol good luck

Need Dingo Dollar tomorrow for the place double.
  • JOEMUGG
    shows as placed for the f/c but your unlikely to get paid for 2nd in a 4 horse race
    unless you took each way extra (cant do these in doubles)
  • Hippo
    Joe Did it antepost ew 1,2,3 on ...was worried it was win only only and about to argue but theve paid me!
    Placed bet on Monday ante post market NOT NR no bet.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.