• Mugz
    I didnt see this announced anywhere but it seems we have an AW festival tonight with 20 races after 5.00pm. What treat !

:grin:
  • CMB
    Done two last night
    Chelmsford 5.50 Mr Andros 13/2 EW
    Newcastle 6.40 Windforpower 3/1
  • The racing voice
    I've been waiting for Windforpower to run again. Having a bet on that tonight the 3-1 is fair.
  • CMB
    Windforpower loves the track local trainer drops in grade should go well imo
  • Hippo
    20 more races for poor horses running run a track for bookies benefits. mark my words, as soon as the Gov grow a set (maybe never) and introduce the £2 FOBT, AW racing (evening at least) will disappear of the face of the earth! Theres only 1 reason they stay open late and it AINT racing!

Mind you it will save the usual crowd of 20 people that attend Kempton havibg to wrap up warm!
  • Mugz
    Didnt the Melbourne Cup winner run at Wolverhampton? Didnt the Arc and BC Turf winner run at Kempton?
  • Hippo
    Thats 2 out of 36,000 dross...and Enables was an especially arranged race where the 2nd never even tried...like most AW runners!

To be fair AW is good for....Netball
  • CMB
    We all know what we get with AW racing and adjust our stakes accordingly.
  • Hippo
    Just looked this aw festival im missing!

Newc: class 5,4,4,5,5,6,6,5

Chelms: class 5,6,6,5,6,4

Imust be mad missing them! Oh and Muggz let me know when ensbles in a class 6

Sorry guys, this aw really is poop!
  • stainless
    Seems Stoute, Appleby and Haggas don't agree with you. Hip.
  • Mugz
    Enable made its debut in a Newcastle Maiden.
    Roaring Lion ran its 2nd race at Kempton.
    Cross Counter ran its first 2 races at Wolverhampton.
  • Hippo
    ........and the other 36,000 vlass 6 horses? The fact you can remember 2 or 3.......i made my debut at southwell.....and built a great sand castle!
  • Mugz
    There are thousands of poor horses running on turf as well. Just making the point that top class horses can be seen on the AW.
  • Hippo
    cheers Wby....a valuable contribution to the debate
  • The racing voice
    It's a bit misleading really hippo. More good horses come from the turf as the prize money on offer is far more. Put things in reverse and the majority of good horses would be from the aw it's all about the money! You can't argue with Mugz good horses come from the aw as well. CASH is the deciding factor in most things especially where sport is involved.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.