• Hippo
    Weird day, mundane racing but i fancy a few and a couple appear to be completely mad!

Wetherby 200 Poetic Rhythm Not normally a 5/4 man but surely this just needs to stand up? Brennan thought he heard something lasttime in a much better race

230 The Cracker Factory at 2/1 Wouldnt normally go for a summer jumping horse but this had an impossible task last time against a very good prospect Jack Regan (Williams holds this in very high regard). Cracker ran a brilliant race in a race he couldnt win so back in this company he has the look of a good thing?

Win double the two (no singles)

305 Cracking Find ew at 10/1 Ran a really good race and would have been closer but for swerving round a fallen horse. Led to believe this will try and force the paceand that can be an advantage round Wetherby

Uttox 240 The race of the day for me with two top class hurdlers against each other in a novuce chase

Claimstakanforgan (or something like that!) is one of Nickys fav horses so they were disappointed with his last 3 runs but was always going to be a chaser. Now Ive been screaming at Chesterfield to go chasing and have no idea why Seamus waited til it was an 8 yo turning 9! Always looked a chaser and Uttox is ideal..its fair but a good test. Now my tissue has them at 5/4 Claim and 11/8 Chesterfield so i have to plunge in on Chesterfield at 5/2. On hurdles form they are almost weighted the same but with Sansom claiming 5 (and having ridden Chesterfield almost every time) I have to go with Chesterfield. What a great race so early in the season and well done both trainers for not shying away

420 Our Bubba, sorry guys the values gone! Got 7/1 last night and this may get shorter and shorter as Stuart really fancies it against an apparent odds on shot

Nmkt

105 What astrange race...2yos v 3yos with massive weight differences. The fav is a silly price and will probably win but im sticking with the outsider of 4 Sir Thomas Gresham at 16/1. New Lambourn trainer Tim Pinfield was quiet sweet on this fto at Windsor (50/1 in the paper!) and it won without much fuss. Has to give lumps but 16/1 in a 4 runner race...my type of win bet!

140 Chynna...that old rogue Channon is still going when usually hes put them away. Exposed? yes! NBut its the best horse in the race and I think its a cracking ew bet at 10/1

Now the madness!

250 Jacob Cats ew at 66/1 or 100/1 if you search! Youll know your fate 2 seconds after the start when its left 25 lengths but if it gets away its a horse running off 80 when it was rated 96 last summer. If you watvch its last two races its left miles behind and makes up the ground too quickly but is actually going well before the catchup takes its toll. If you can get these extended places you could end up with 33/1 first 6. The opposition is poor but Jacob im afraid is a nutter! Heres hoping!

Good luck!
  • jimfl
    Top man again hippo brilliant 16/1
  • Stevie Wonder
    My two mad longshots. Lough Derg at weatherby 1.55 50/1 and Harmonise 20/1 nm. As always there's a method to this madness. Gl with yours Hipoo
  • jambo
    What a great start to your day Mate
  • Mugz
    Nice won hippo.

Hope the cracker can oblige in the next.

:up:
  • Mugz
    The Cracker powers his way to victory !
    :strong:
  • Mugz
    Jacob Cats a gallant 5th. Some bookies pay out on that ew.

:up:
  • Hippo
    Well, Im happy with that today

16/1 winner, sadly i did the 2/1 winner with Poetic Rhythm (taht now must be avoided), Jacob Cats 5th...paid 33/1 ew, Chynna ew at 10/1 beaten a nose (Doh!), Cracking Find ew at 10/1 3rd, and disappointed with Our bubba being withdrawn as had 7/1 on it and withdrawn at 5/2! Happy chappy tho!
  • owenjohn
    Well done Hippo :clap:
  • malawi
    great stuff hippo vwd
  • Stevie Wonder
    Well done hippo. Both mine 4th
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.