• jimfl
    :clap: nice
  • finley
    Well done buddy
  • AKD
    Thanks everyone, and thanks Amadeus for putting up provisional entries for Sunday, would have to consider race and handicap mark before backing Ornate if he runs again, as generally trainer’s record with follow up wins in handicaps isn’t great.
  • Amadeus
    ORNATE runs again tomorrow (Sunday) in 1.25 Southwell for those interested
  • AKD
    Thanks, Amadeus. Bawtry Lady, as you posted earlier, is a confirmed runner in 12:20.

Griffiths had the 1-2 in 1:25 race last year, but I haven’t yet decided whether I will back Ornate tomorrow, probably see how they price it up first.
  • AKD
    Ornate (5/2) wins again. I left it today, unfortunately, but well done to those who backed it.
  • AKD
    Griffiths has 1 runner at Lingfield tomorrow

Red Cymbal in 2:25

I might have a very small bet on it as it’s a big price (14/1 currently), but it wouldn’t be a confident bet for me as I am mostly concentrating on his runners that finished in first 6 last time, and this one didn’t. He would have a chance on his run here in November when beaten a length in a bunch finish as he is 3 lbs lower than that. But that was over 6 furlongs, extra furlong tomorrow is the question mark especially as it’s a strong looking class 4.
  • brian1147
    griffs has a 17% strike rate for the last 30days,
    only 8% for the year so the stable is in form, and 15% for the track.
    I think the betting has got this one pretty much correct.
    7th best at 23 on bf this morning.
    could be a possible place bet.

14:25..Ling..red cymbal................17..8...15..
  • AKD
    Red Cymbal was only 8th, but it wasn’t a confident selection as there were enough doubts.

There are two more from Griffiths tomorrow, and I have already backed both.

6:55 Newcastle - Warriors Valley (25/1), this is one of the 3 horses that ran well on the day that I felt was turning point in trainer’s form, other two Archimedes and Pearl Acclaim won next time. It will be harder for this one, because unlike other two, this one is stepping up in class (I know last race was class 5 too, but this is a higher band of class 5 with top weight on 77 so this is more like a class 4 really). But despite the class rise, I think he will run better than his odds and I have backed each way.

7:25 Newcastle - Archimedes (7/1), he won over c&d last time, up 4 lbs for that but on old form he still looks well handicapped so not impossible to see him follow up.

Good luck.
  • owenjohn
    Another BOOM AKD!! Griffiths is flying!!! :clap:
  • Maxh
    Well done guys
  • Doubler
    Nice one guys and also if you backed it with 365 ,you have a free bet in the 1.05 Chepstow tomorrow.
  • AKD
    Thanks guys. Got 7/1 for Archimedes last night. Warriors Valley also didn’t run badly, remember he was up in class so to finish 5th is not bad, his turn can’t be far away, drop him back to weaker class 5 or 6 and over an easier 5 furlong, maybe at Lingfield where he has won before.

No runners for Griffiths tomorrow.

So far it’s gone even better than I expected, 5 winners from 12, +20 LSP @ SP (more at early prices) since I started following, should be few more winners to come yet, prices will probably start dropping though as everyone will be aware that he is in form now.
  • CMB
    We'll done
  • Dragon2
    I have a free bet in the 1.05 at Chepstow now because of this winner. Just a question if I Back a horse each way with the free bet will the win part be refunded or does it have to be a straight win bet ? It’s with Bet 365
  • AKD
    “If your risk free bet is an Each-Way selection that is placed, and the return on the bet is less than the total stake, we will refund the difference between your return and the total stake. If your return is greater than the total stake then no refund will be given.” Copied from Bet365

You can back each way, but I find that unless it’s a big price, better option is to go straight win in these situations.
  • jimfl
    Each way or win all of your bet will be refunded it will be taken out of your account and later refunded
  • Dragon2
    Thank you
  • Doubler
    Didn't notice it until tooooo late Ornate just ran a cracker to finish 2nd @ Newcastle 5.45.
  • AKD
    Sorry I didn’t post it, I really didn’t think he had a chance because this wasn’t a handicap, he had to run off level weights against the winner who is rated 17 lbs higher, so you are right - Ornate has run a cracker.

No runners for Griffiths tomorrow.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.