• AKD
    Backed each way despite it being only 4/1, so will be a small loss if it only places but I am trying to protect as much of the stake. Price has held up quite well despite there being 5 non runners so far.

Bet #140 - 3:10 Limerick - Marciano, 0.5 pt e/w @ 4/1

No superstars in here. The race is restricted to horses who have run in at least 3 NH races and never placed in any of those, so it is a pretty ordinary field despite being big in numbers. Marciano's form isn't anything special but is ok in context of this race, and I am heavily relying on pedigree to make my selection.

Marciano at €54,000 and Balally Park at €115,000 were the most expensive, most of others in the race were cheap buys. Form of both Marciano & Balally Park's latest runs is quite similar as both were beaten similar distances in finishing 4th in stronger races than this, but I am hopeful that Marciano is likely open to more improvement now returning from a break.

Seven other horses share same nicks (Presenting-Turtle Island) as Marciano and 6 of the 7 went on to win one race at least. Only one of those was a debut winner, others needed more time and at least 4-5 runs to get their first win. That is what makes me think that Marciano should improve on what he has done so far.

His dam Turtle Lamp also has a good win rate with her offspring, 7 wins from 3 different horses at a strike rate of 14%.

His 4th last time under Jody McGarvey wasn't a bad run considering he was an 18/1 shot, McGarvey retains the ride and he has a good record in maiden hurdles on JP McManus horses including 5 from 19 here at Limerick.
  • Ribot
    Good luck, AKD.
  • malcolm
    Good luck AKD :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Ribot and Malcolm

Marciano ended up going off at a silly price of 7/4 and not even placed :sad:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.