• AKD
    Bet #127 - 12:50 Sedgefield - Kildrum, 0.5 pt e/w @ 12/1

I have been tempted by the price on this one, would have left it alone at the earlier 4/1 but now it's tripled in price I feel it's worth taking a small risk. Kildrum has run at Sedgefiled three times before and didn't place on any of those runs, pulling up and finishing 4/8 & 5/10. But he seems to have improved over last year or so. In his first 16 starts, both over in Ireland and for Micky Hammond, he managed just one placing. But in 7 races since then he has won 3 times and placed another couple of times. All those good efforts were at Hexham so it's possible that course suited him but I feel he is worth another try here as trainer has a good record here too. The wins have come from marks of 70, 72 & 83, last of those wins was a fortuitous one, as a result he didn't go up much and is now back on same mark.

Although his sire Milan doesn't have a great record here, just 8% strike rate over last 5 years (5 from 60), I don't feel it's too bad as the wins came with 5 different horses and none of them went 4 runs without a win here, 2 from 2 on 4th start here.

Last run at Hexham (5th of 8) was disappointing and there were no valid excuses as he had finished 3rd in same race previous year on his return, that's why I have some doubts but price now is a tempting one in a small field.
  • AKD
    Kildrum (22/1 SP) was never going and finished tailed off, well adrift of other 5. Race won by another outsider, who had pulled up behind Kildrum last time so perhaps the idea wasn't completely wrong.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.