• AKD
    Bet #121 - 12:50 Naas - Smooth Tom @ 15/2

Taking a chance on this due to price more than anything, as I feel he has a similar chance to those priced much shorter than him. Smooth Tom's flat form is similar to Hypotenus if not better, the latter is only 2/1. Selection was 2 (both wins over 10f) from 15 on the flat and also placed a few times and rated in 90s.

He did well on hurdling debut to beat a favourite from Willie Mullins yard at Listowel. 4th horse Showman (beaten 17 lengths) has boosted the form by going very close in a handicap off 107 OR, on that basis Smooth Tom's performance can be rated in mid 120s which should give him a chance to be competitive in this.

Has worn a visor on last few runs on flat, but the win over hurdles was without the headgear and he goes without again today.

He is taking on 3 last time out winners, so not expecting it to be easy but price is tempting enough for me.
  • malcolm
    Good luck AKD :up:
  • Stevie Wonder
    Great price. Had small punt. Many thanks
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm, Stevie, I was due a winner. Smooth Tom drifted to as big as 14/1 before coming in at 10/1 SP.
  • calvert
    Cheers AKD
  • malcolm
    Well done indeed :clap:
  • Ribot
    Well done, AKD.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.