• AKD
    Bet #110 - 1:50 Bangor - Ballintubber Boy @ 11/1

Ballintubber Boy has a good strike rate of 4 wins from 10 races over hurdles, he seems to have two ways of running though, average winning distance of his 4 wins has been around 10 lengths and in his losing runs he has failed to get within 10 lengths of the winner in any of them, so is a bit risky as all or nothing type.

His latest win was in February when making all at the right handed Market Rasen, but I don't think that is a problem as he also has two wins on LH courses, both those at Stratford, and Bangor being another course that favours prominent runners I think it will suit him. Form of Market Rasen win worked out well, the runner up Martha Brae who was raised 2 lbs won by 13 lengths next time. On that evidence, selection still looks on a fair mark as he is only 4 lbs higher than the win, there was a big gap back to 3rd horse.

Last run in May was disappointing as he was pulled up but it was in higher class and he was outsider of the field so it can be forgiven. Break of 116 days looks unlikely to be a problem as his 4 wins to date have come after breaks of 161, 39, 181 & 82 days and it appears he needs time between his races.

As mentioned above, this course is likely to suit his running style, problem is there are a few others too that like to be up with the pace and there are as many as 4 course winners in the race but with him being the least exposed and one of only two 6yo s in the race, I am hopeful he has a bit more improvement in him.
  • malcolm
    Good luck AKD :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm.

Yesterday's selection pulled up. Nothing today.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.