• peregrine
    I know it ain't racing but I backed Spain and France before the comp started. Love to see England but the manager isn't tactically good enough ! Choices chaps ?
  • Mugz
    Right now I cant see past Brazil and if you are on at 4/1 its looking good value. Of course in knockout football anything can happen and they have Spain in their half if they win the group.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Agree Mugz. Was going to post comment earlier.
  • Mugz
    Brazil backers will be pretty happy with that. A bit chaotic at times but completely dominated a very solid team.
  • horses4courses

Agreed Mugz
    Good opening performance by Brazil
  • Mugz
    A late winner for USA here would put the cat amongst the pigeons in Group B wouldnt it.
  • peregrine
    Yes it would and I thought be England a tad lucky not to get beat.Brazil looked good the other night. But remember some teams peak too early. Be good when it's the knockout stages.
  • horses4courses
    US played well against England.
    They have to be pleased with the outcome.

If you can't beat Iran, you don't deserve to be in the last 16.
  • Mugz
    USA v Iran is going to be some game with qualification likely to go down to the last kick.
  • Mugz
    The Poland, France, Argentina acca is paying about 4/1 today and is a fair bet. Argentina simply have to win, Poland really need to win and although France dont have to win they should be good enough to beat a Denmark team who were very disappointing in their opening game.
  • peregrine
    Good luck mugz looking at Denmark's recent games against France and Denmark beat em last twice ! Still France ave got quality and one would expect them . Looking at England/ Wales did you notice one or two looked jaded ? Quick turnaround in these games and in the heat it's going to take its toll. Still when the knockout games come it will be money making time :up:
  • Mugz
    I do respect Denmark, but they were poor v Tunisia who are currently losing to Australia. I feel Denmark would take a draw now and then look to beat Australia to qualify, but I think France will be the more positive team and if they get in front will be too good.
  • peregrine
    Nice treble mugz :up:
  • Mugz
    Not straightforward but the favs got the job done in the end :up:
  • peregrine
    For the sake of England's football team I'm hoping they get rid of Southgate ! After the euros he should have been replaced. And when they get knocked out of this world cup he should be shown the door. His tactics are very poor and I'm being polite here.
  • Jack Trotter
    He is also the most sucessful England manager since Sir Alf.

Might be too quick to press the panic button yet.

Young exciting side that has not hit full pelt yet but when they do and they will and It could still be this World Cup the will be around for a good few years yet.

Whether Southgate stays is up for the powers that be to decide.

I would have him as my preferred manager of the national side.

JT
  • Mugz
    Really fancied Spain tonight but if they were genuine World Cup contenders I think they would have gone on and won that game by 2. They let a very ordinary Germany team back in and paid for it by conceding a late equaliser.
  • Mugz
    Serbia are making that Brazil performance look even better.
  • Mugz
    :rofl: hang on.
  • peregrine
    Your choice JT but let's have it right he's mindset is set on defending and he showed just that against Italy ! There is an abundance of attackers we've got out there . And to win games you attack not play safe. He's not up to it simple take a look at foden running riot at city but dithering Southgate didn't play him. Myself and all around couldn't believe it . And let's have it right just who have England been playing poor teams along the way. Sorry but he will prove me right !
  • Mugz
    Anyone watching this? Unbelievable scenes :gasp:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.