• AKD
    Potentially last bet of the month for me, as mentioned before I have set myself a cut off point of -12 for the month. Currently I am 10.90 pts down from 13 bets in July, so if this one loses I will take a few days break. When I am going through a losing run, decision making becomes much harder as doubts creep in and judgment of a price becomes poor, looking back I think that was the case with my selection yesterday and it could be same today but I hope not.

Bet #87 - 9:00 Wolverhampton - Yaahobby @ 9/4

This is how they rated on the stats

Race average = 808 (quality of data = 289)

1= Iconicdaay (819)
    1= Clownsman (819)
    3. Laertes (817)
    4. Yaahobby (816)
    5. Red Walls (809)
    -----------------------------------
    6= Arnie Angell (796)
    6= My Kind Of Girl (796)
    6= Swiss Magic (796)
    9= Lancashire Life (790)
    9= Battle Point (790)

Again my selection Yaahobby is only 4th best on stats but on form ratings and several indirect form lines I am convinced he should get the better of Iconicdaay & Red Walls at least, which leaves just two possible dangers Clownsman & Laertes in my view. Both are lightly raced and although yet to win have shown enough placed form, indeed Yaahobby was beaten by a similar type last time so I can't rule either of them out though both need to improve.

Yaahobby's form, especially at this course, looks much more solid than those two and this is possibly slightly easier race than last time. Last run was over 6f and although he was staying on and has won over that trip before, I believe he is better over 5. Last of his two wins was over this CD last November from a 6 lbs higher mark (OR 60) than today, and he finished 2nd next time (OR 63) behind stablemate Murbih who runs in class 5 race tonight (8:00) how Murbih runs might give clues about this one's chances, those behind included You're Cool who is a good yardstick at this level. Form of both those races make him look well handicapped on 54 tonight.

There are negatives like trainer form who hasn't had a winner for over 2 months and generally doesn't get many winners during the summer.

There you go, I should probably be laying it the form I am in but let's see.
  • stainless
    Good Luck AKD............. RED WALLS for me.
  • AKD
    Thanks, Stainless.

The break will have to wait a bit longer now with Yaahobby winning.
  • malcolm
    Well done AKD :clap:
  • Doubler
    Well done AKD.
  • AKD
    Thanks everyone.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.