• peregrine
    After watching all the trials I've got my fancy. And already on non runner no bet. Won't put this up till the times right ! As they have to get there . Very confident I can tell you :up:
  • Mugz
    I bet its not the fav.
  • The Gambler
    I bet its not the winner either!!
  • twobusty
    so why cant you post it we make are own minds up win lose or draw
  • twobusty
    no somewere else they were shouting about hewick at 66/1 ages now 20/1 but would not want soft ground
  • peregrine
    Hewicks going for the national that's it's main target . And gambler I looked at your pathetic effort yesterday in the comp rather dismal wouldn't you say . And busty be patient go through the race and you might fancy one. Anyway it's a few week away and I'm hoping the horse makes it.
  • eeza
    If my memory serves me right, peregrine hasn't got a bad track record on here. Don't get what's happened over the last couple of years on here. Surprised anyone posts any more.
  • peregrine
    Cheers eeza I will be posting more but I have probs with bookies round here they have a traffic light system IE anyone good will be on it. They don't like winning punters . Easy to get bets on just let other folk do for you .
  • Mugz
    Name that horse Mr P.
  • peregrine
    Bravemansgame on e/way could have done without the rain but if Mr Nicholls takes it out its non runner money back. Noticed money piling on a plus tard . And that was the one I backed last year. Still bravemansgame won on soft at kempton . And it's beat a few in this field and I'd be hopeful it takes care of them again. Good luck to you all on your selection .
  • peregrine
    Bit baffled of some of Paul Nicholls runners at this meeting in particular Hermes Allen. The horse that won today youwearitwell was buried by Hermes at sandown . Looked like it had been got at ! Will they nobble bravemansgame ?
  • horses4courses
    Conflated will give a good account of himself......at a price :up:
  • Mugz
    Its a trappy Gold Cup if you want to take the fav on. If you like the fav then I think you are not bothered by anything else, but 9 of 11 runs below 3m does bother me. He might just be too classy for them, but I'm looking for a horse that needs 3m+ to be seen to best effect.

Im going with NOBLE YEATS ew @ 12/1 (4 places). A horse getting little coverage on the preview circuit but hes a proper staying chaser, jumps for fun and has a turn of foot. The last run was slightly disappointing behind Ahoy Senor but he was staying on well and the extra furlong is to his advantage. He could be a horse that saves his best for Aintree as he showed in December when he beat Ahoy Senor and Dashel Drasher over 3m, showing a blinding turn of foot between the last 2 fences to win impressively and if he is in that sort of form I think he is a serious player.

The other out and out stayer is Stattler, but I think he is very one paced and I think the race would have to completely fall apart for him to win. A Plus Tard has an obvious chance if back to his best and the team are having a good week. Bravemansgame has been impressive this season but I think he could be brilliant or blow out so does not appeal as an ew bet over Noble Yeats. Sounds Russian is a strong fancy of Andy Holdings and at 33/1 if you can get 4 or 5 places its a solid bet.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Boring but I'm on the 3 top market (largish) and smaller win bet on a plus tart (means 'see ya') en francaise.
  • Mugz
    Everyones a winner ! No flukes there, great performance from 2 of the top 3 in the betting. Surprised at the tactics on Noble Yeats trying to stay with the pace early instead of riding a hold up race, but probably would not have finished better than 3rd anyway.
  • peregrine
    Just watched it no complaints profit on the each way 8/1 so happy as it's our best chaser just outstayed fair and square by the winner
  • Jack Trotter
    I think a return for Shiskin next year and if conditions suit could be a Gold Cup contender.

I was on Galopin Des Champs, Bravemansgame and Protektorat all Antepost so better prices than the day , so had what I thought could happen covered.

On the day I have to say I was drawn heavily in favour of Galopin Des Champs and had some of the generous super boost price of 9/4 Bet365 had offered as well as a bit more on the exchanges.

JT
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.