• AKD
    How about a one off tipping competition to mark the launch of new forum? I am happy to run it if there is enough interest. Haven’t worked out exact format details, but thinking of running it along the lines of World Cup format with 8 groups of 4 and then knockout rounds. So ideally we will need 32 people, if there are more or less than this then there will be a qualifying round. Will need at least 16 for it to go ahead.

Also, is there a way to post this message in other forums too as I would like to see people from football and sports forum taking part too. Can make the competition based on all sports and not just horse racing if people from other forums are taking part too.

Anyone interested, please add your name to this thread before Monday, we can then make the draw and start probably Wednesday or Thursday next week. Whole competition will likely last about 3 to 4 weeks.
  • Rodeo
    Sounds good.
  • fuzzyduck
    Count ne in
  • The racing voice
    Yeah I'm in if ya given the go ahead.
  • Reggieboi
    Im up for this
  • twobusty
    sounds good
  • ToonFanBry
    Yes, count me in please.
  • alanb
    Why not.
  • coss
    count me in
  • Doubler
    Why not.
  • Rockavon
    Count me in to please
  • AKD
    1 AKD
    2 Rodeo
    3 Fuzzyduck
    4 The racing voice
    5 Reggieboi
    6 Twobusty
    7 ToonFanBry
    8 Alanb
    9 Coss
    10 Mrlee
    11 Doubler
    12 Rockavon

12 in so far, need at least 4 more for this format. I will give it till Sunday evening for more people to join. If we don’t get enough, then I will still run a competition for those that have entered but it will probably be with a different format.
  • Scotstam
    Hi. Will give it a go. Thanks
  • coss
    cmon joemugg get in
  • coss
    and mugz
  • AKD
    A little disappointed to be honest that we struggled to even get to 16, but we got close enough to it as 15 people have put their name forward. Thanks to all the people that entered, and I think it’s only fair that we go ahead with it as we are only short by one. I have filled the 16th spot with a placeholder ‘System X’, so if someone else is interested they can take that spot before competition starts on Tuesday, if not then I will put up selections from that slot using a system.

Competition will last just 2 weeks now, 16 players will be divided into groups of 4 with everyone playing matches against others in their group. Top 2 from each group will go through to knock out rounds. I will make the draw shortly, and post it on a new thread along with full set of rules. Thanks again everyone.

1 AKD
    2 Rodeo
    3 Fuzzyduck
    4 The racing voice
    5 Reggieboi
    6 Twobusty
    7 ToonFanBry
    8 Alanb
    9 Coss
    10 Mrlee
    11 Doubler
    12 Rockavon
    13 Scotstam
    14 King Claudio
    15 Brian1147
    16 “System X”
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.