• JOEMUGG
    Can anyone indicate decent horse racing forums.
    It seems a thing of the past I was a member of loads but many folded
    Some I am still a member are hardly used a bit like this one.

anyone have any good ones ?
  • theloser
    Lets bet forum & Nott606
  • Don't follow me
    I think they are all the same Joe as you say there are a thing of the past. Nothing to do with how the forums operate just busy lifestyles people have is normally the main reason. To be totally honest I think this is about the best one around and who wants to see lots of posts anyway likes of the well known one olbg is just a waste of time in my opinion far too overcrowded you just want one that ticks over steady and this one seems to fit the bill.
  • john smith
    A lot have moved to or formed on Apps like Telegraph, Whatsapp and facebook etc
  • JOEMUGG
    I googled a few but most of the ones I was in dont show
    may be they folded I cant really remember the names Either.
    One i remember was run by a guy who seemed to have links to a Thai dating agency !
    olbg was ok last time I looked (years ago lol) but the format put me off.
  • theloser
    Was you on the aol one Joe? Seems years ago now
  • JOEMUGG
    I was for a very short time just as it was dying off
  • owenjohn
    I agree a lot have died off. I think the Facebook groups became more popular as much easier to police. You can't really have a fake ID on there, and if you do you soon get found out! However even the Facebook groups now seem to be dying off. Have heard a lot of people using Twitter (I've not tried that yet) and WhatsApp.
    I am actually still an admin on a Facebook group, alongside Moses and Jonthehammer, two ex-BOTB legends, but we have seen a massive drop off in that group and very little posting these days.
  • JOEMUGG
    I think twitter is good but I find it way too complicated
    you dont just get racing stuff you get loads of news and adds that I have no interest in.
    But I would say twitter is def worth a go

I just checked a few boards out most only have a very few posts on from last few days
  • AKD
    Joe, you missed the best of Aol message board. At its peak it was the best and most active forum. I used to run competitions on there, and we regularly had 50+ people contesting, one year we had 80 people (no there weren’t any multi IDs lol) in Cheltenham competition, I don’t know how I scored it. Unfortunately, in the last one year of it there was lot of fighting that ruined it and drove most of the good people away so in the end everyone was happy that message boards were closed. I remember so many names from there, I know some are here but many more that we never heard from again. It was a good time, can never go back to that.

I agree forums are dying, I think it’s a lot to do with how the way people bet has changed. I know my own betting has changed a lot over the years. Many people are moving into trading or laying from usual betting. And younger people are not getting into betting on horse racing like they used to.
  • Dazzler
    Remember Jonthehammer, glad to hear he still about and Sweaty Sock what about him?

Totally agree about multi ID'S spoiling a forum and I still cannot understand why anyone wants to do it.....deluded is the only word for it. Have stood up against it to primarily help the forum but if THEY are allowed to continue then it will be the death of any board.

Enjoying the forum I am on now, as none of the b*llsh*t is allowed and is very quickly dealt with if it appears. Good selective number of members on there and the winners are flowing daily.....long may it continue and good luck to all the genuine guys out there who are just trying to beat the bookies and sharing their genuine information and insights.....simple really!
  • Don't follow me
    Yes Dazzler by all means stand up to the mutli ids, but get your facts right about accusing people before doing so multi ids is a forum member with more than 1 id on the forum at particular time and that certainly aint me. Surprised you haven't posted your usual nonsense Doug watson expects a few winners at Meydan if thats all the other forum has to offer then you can stick it where the sun don't shine. I can quite assure you that my info is genuine if that is a dig at me you know why it is genuine because it crosses the line in first place. You should apologise to me for your unfounded nonsensical claims and be a man, enough said. I am into the business of trying to pick winners not here to play with you all day sorry pal. Go back to your other forum 'tap a turncoat forum'
  • Dazzler
    If the cap fits mate! Lol
    Have you had any previous ID'S on here?
    Let's see if you are honest on that one....my everloving STALKER.
  • Dazzler
    Ps think my friend Doug Watson went through the card that day didn't he?? Great info wouldn't you say/agree.......thought thats what we are here for?

No need to be personal is there?? Problem?
  • Don't follow me
    No I have not and that is the annoying part of it all
  • Dazzler
    It looks like you are not on here to play with anyone.....looking at your Competition uptake and stupid poll about do you want info posting from me??? Jesus......its a bleeding forum for betting!
    Lol
  • owenjohn

"Remember Jonthehammer, glad to hear he still about"

He's good mate. He lives about 40 mins away from me. We actually had a Zoom call over a few beers a couple of weeks back (4 of us), discussing Cheltenham ante-post bets etc.
    Was actually a really good laugh and great discussion.
  • Don't follow me
    Why dont u post some info up then. Its not gud enough thats why come on Mr Lucas show us wat u r made of big lad! For each successful info u post I will post one from the syndicate Dean Valentine and his men!
  • Dazzler

Put a poll up asking if the forum members think you have.....or better still come out and say who you are.....like you have virtually done with me using my 15 winning horse......now thats personal...wouldnt you say?? Over to you...BTW I was just commenting and cementing the thoughts of others on this thread!! Never mentioned you at all!!!
  • Dazzler
    Mr Lucas has nothing to hide......and you are Mr?????

Just concentrate on your own thread if you can get any responses that is!!! Lol
  • JOEMUGG
    It’s so easy to check multi ids on here
    Just put key words from any post anyone uses that is particular to them and all the old ids come up
    Try it lol
    So if anyone thinks they are fooling me think again
    In the old days I would have blown them out now I’m past caring
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.

More Discussions