• AKD
    I don’t know if many people here bet in shops, but I had the misfortune of being in one of Ladbrokes shops this afternoon. After having a few losing bets, I finally managed to back a winner - £100 on Onassis @ 9/2 in 2:55 race. I thought that would be it, and I could collect and walk out as had other things to do. But, no, apparently Ladbrokes (and Coral, as it’s the same company) have a new policy that if anyone wins over £400 on horse racing in their shops then the staff have to get authorisation from other shops in area before paying out. I was told to wait some time so I did, but when I still hadn’t been paid after nearly an hour I questioned the staff and was told that other managers were busy and they were still waiting to be called back. So I called their customer services to see if they could sort it out, but was told that there was nothing they could do, it’s the company policy, it’s a lot of money blah blah blah, you will just have to wait till all the investigations are complete, and then they rudely hung up on me before I could respond. A lot of money? Investigations over £400?? How pathetic can this company get. Yet, they are quite happy to let people pump thousands into FOBTs, I don’t know why they still pretend to be a bookmaker. I was told by the girl in shop that not many people bet on horses anyway and I was the only one in their shop betting today.

It was 4:45 when I finally got paid, nearly two hours after I should have. Needless to say, I won’t be using one of their shops again and I am closing my online account with them (not that I use it a lot anyway, much prefer Betfair).
  • Stevie Wonder
    Ladcrooks are truly awful. Popped into a Corals the other week ( same company). Asked where the Racing Post was only to be told they no longer provide one! Won't be going there again!
  • tipper
    corals worst bookies going, they act like detectives in there shops if your a stranger, they have it drummed into them to be suspicious of everyone, ladbrokes shops are miserable places w=even if your winning
  • Tattcorner
    Do you think they are losing trade by not being on Oddschecker any more? I haven't had a bet with them in a while, even though there's funds in the account.
  • Rodeo
    ladbrokes shut down ages ago near me use betfred now as new shop well few yrs so not far too go. if i couldnt bet online for some reason.
  • Maxh
    Betting companies are sad cynical cheats

The basic premise is that if you win you are in some way ripping them off
    Hence ridiculous limits online
    And even in shops where you are known

They just cannot tolerate any level of winning on the part of the poor mugs who bet

Of course they love FOTBS where they can
    steal social welfare payments from the poor

And it is theft.
    just think about it

If there was any possible way of enjoying the great sport of horse racing and taking your chance in a manly way with a bet
    Im sure we would all do it

But they have now utterly compromised the
    exchanges
    And of course Power now effectively own betfair

If you think Ladbrokes are bad you should try
    PP and Boyles

Low grade parasites on sport
  • AKD
    Yes, it’s becoming harder to get a bet on with all of them these days, like most people I do most of my bets online now but even online they can monitor you and if you start winning consistently they will restrict you, it hasn’t happened to me yet (obviously I am not winning consistently enough) but I know people who have.

This £400 rule in Ladbrokes/Coral shops really takes the biscuit though, as far as I know others like Paddy Power and Betfred don’t have this. So basically, even if you stick £200 on an even money shot or £300 on a 1/3 for example, it is investigated because the payout is £400 or over. I am assuming what they are investigating is that similar bets on same horse have not been placed in other shops in area, so what if they were? Would they have the right to refuse to pay out? And you can’t get around it by placing a number of smaller bets on same horse in one shop as that is flagged up straightaway. So basically, what they are saying is don’t have a proper bet with us. The thing is, 20 years ago (in pre-FOBT era) you could easily put similar or even bigger bets on in these shops and get paid without any hassle if you won. They have obviously got so used to the risk-free profits they make from FOBTs, that they are now too scared to take proper bets on racing as it involves risk of making a loss for them.
  • JOEMUGG
    I prefer online to shops by a long way
    I cant even see the text now lol on the papers
  • BONZO
    Gave up on "Ladcrookes" some time ago even though there are three shops within half a mile from my home. Use PP but even then they are marginally ahead and mainly because they still have BOG on multiples. Anyway best bet I am finding is BTSND on football betting at small stakes. Just touched for over £900 for a £2 stakes on six match accum and thing is it does not matter who wins the game as long as both teams score.
    Regards,
    BONZO
  • JOEMUGG
    just tried put ew bet on at betfred 5 places 440 race
    a good offer
    they only offered me 0.75 p ew lol
  • JOEMUGG
    now its 4 places and .80p
  • JOEMUGG
    BTSND ??
    both teams to score no draw at a guess
    where can you put that on
  • BONZO
    Yes JOEMUGG, both teams to score no draw and my local Paddy Power do odds on a daily coupon on selected games. I usually do a perm of my selected games of four and six matches usually for £2 stakes and one successful bet especially a six timer makes it worthwhile
    Regards,
    BONZO
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.