• AKD
    Charter By Time - although it wasn’t a bad race of its type that she debuted in, she was beaten over 20 lengths. Trainer’s juveniles show some improvement 2nd time but it’s hard to imagine that she can improve this much.

Glowing For Gold - sets the standard, and is already proven over the distance having finished a close 2nd here in a nursery last time. But back in novice company under a penalty, he remains vulnerable. Could win if others are not up to much though.

Golden Crusader - 8th/10 on Ascot debut but that was probably a good race, no match for the front two when 3rd/6 (beaten just over 3 lengths) at Goodwood last time, winner has since won a nursery off 84. That form puts him close to his two main rivals here. Balding’s record with 2 year olds at Wolverhampton not great though, only 1 from 15 in novices (the winner was odds on, 3 others beaten at under 5/1).

Maxine - improved 2nd time to finish 5th/14 (beaten 4 lengths) at Kempton, but despite the big field I don’t think it was a very good race - the winner had been beaten 6 lengths on only previous run and the 3rd had been beaten around 15 lengths on both previous runs. Step up in trip will definitely suit her judging by pedigree, but does she have the quality? I am not sure.

Riktar - beaten 10 lengths when 6th/11 on Salisbury debut. Hard to know how strong that form is but the winner Percy’s Lad’s time was almost 2 seconds faster than the other division, so it’s probably not bad. Hannon’s runners improve quite a lot 2nd, the ones he debuts at Salisbury are especially worth noting, 6 from 44 (+11 LSP) 2nd time with those that were unplaced on Salisbury debut. Although he needs to improve quite a bit, I wouldn’t rule him out. Trainer also runs newcomer War Thunder, who is shorter in betting.

Side Shot - slightly disappointing in two runs so far, 5th/8 when favourite on Yarmouth debut, and 6th/10 when 2nd fav for the maiden at St Leger meeting. Hard to know the strength of form of Doncaster race as it was mostly newcomers. Half brother to Musidora winner Shutter Speed, so step up in trip should suit. Gosden 10 from 40 in 2yo novices here, including 10 from 24 (+9 LSP) with those priced under 5/1.

War Thunder - only newcomer in the field, related to 2yo winners at up to a mile, wouldn’t need to be anything out of the ordinary. Trainer’s runners usually better for a run though.

Quite a tricky race, Glowing For Gold has the form but you feel something should be able to improve past him. I seriously considered Riktar, he should improve but there are 3 others with form ahead of him in betting and at least one or two of them may improve too. In the end, I decided to go with SIDE SHOT in belief that he maybe better than what he has shown on track so far, and step up in trip should suit too. Not a race to go mad in though.

Selection - small bet on Side Shot @ 5/2

Good luck.
  • rufusf
    Good work! :smile:
  • Stevie Wonder
    Cheers akd
    Life saver after a dreadful day !
  • Maxh
    Well done again
  • AKD
    Thanks guys. Did just enough to hold off the favourite.
  • Rodeo
    n1 :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.