• AKD
    4:20 Ripon - Finely Tuned is the system selection on my other thread, and at odds of 2/5 he would be expected to win but the fact that he is still a maiden after 6 runs bothers me a bit so I am looking for something to beat him. It is a really weak race though and only two others can be a given a realistic chance. One is the Mark Johnston newcomer Allgold, his dam Liber Nauticus won the Musidora (Group 3) on only her 2nd start before finishing 5th in the Oaks. Mixed results from his two siblings, half-sister Miss Celestial a consistent performer at up to Listed level, but half-brother Hidden Depths only rated in low 60s. He is a possible, but I have backed JUST THE TICKET (7/1), beaten around 15 lengths on each of his two starts (started at big prices both times) so far on good to firm and on all weather. So clearly needs to improve a lot but pedigree on both sire and dam side suggests that today’s slower ground will be more suitable. Dam Token Of Love was a Listed winner (1 mile) at 3. And he is a rare runner at Ripon for Ed Vaughan, in last 16 years trainer has sent only 7 horses here with a record of 1334223, all were under 10/1 though and a couple of 3rds in small fields so not as impressive as it looks, but that sole winner back in 2004 has some interesting similarities with selection - he had been beaten around 10 lengths on both his previous runs on quicker ground and won at 4/1 here on 3rd run.

I would have been a bit more confident if there were 3 places on offer, but only 7 runners now. Obviously the favourite is the one to beat if he runs to his official rating of 81, but I am hoping my one will improve.

Others I have backed today;

2:30 Leopardstown - Thundering Nights (11/8)
    2:40 Bath - Spinacia (5/2)
    3:20 Ripon - Ritchie Valens (13/2)

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Little bit of profit on the day, any profit is better than losing I suppose. Main selection ran very well to finish 2nd at 9/1, traded as low as 6/4 in running but didn’t find as much as looked likely against the long odds on shot, won more for 2nd place than I would have for backing the winner. Thundering Nights won at 11/8, Spinacia 2nd at 7/2, Ritchie Valens was the only disappointment despite coming in for support before the off. More or less broke even on the e/w yankee.
  • peregrine
    That's right profit no matter how much it's better in your pocket akd:up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.