• Ivan Edge
    Beverley (going forecast G with some GF watered)
    4.00 Market expected 09.00 no's 1, 5, 7, 8 indicating a win restricted to these. Theoretical strong fav 9/4, possible contender 9/2, not expected longer than 9/1.

5. Bottom Bay (13/8 mkt) forecast strong fav early mkt.
    1. Dancin Boy (6/1) currently an each-way chance.
    3. Dramatic Sands (17/2) not supported early, although from a top-class yard?

ATR form verdict in comparison.
    BOTTOM BAY beat the in-form Le Chiffre when scoring over C&D last time out and is expected to shake off a 5lb rise and follow up. Dancin Boy has been nudged up 4lb for winning at Pontefract and has claims, though he might struggle to concede weight to the three-year-old selection. The consistent Spiritofthenorth (well down at RPR 70 by unadjusted rating and a class 5 performer) is another representative from the Classic generation and could emerge as a live danger as well.

Top Tip: BOTTOM BAY (5)
    Watch out for: DANCIN BOY (1)
  • Valuefinder
    Good luck. Just one thing to note Dramatic Sands has first time blinkers today.
  • calvert
    Cheers Ivanedge
  • Maxh
    Good one
    Keen edge
  • Ivan Edge
    Thanks one-and-all for the interest taken. Not looking too good today as I had to opt for a hcap-hurdle, races that often prove difficult for the punter in my experience. Anyway it's not really down to me as I am leaving it to the expertise of the RPR compilers - be it on their heads :joke: . I swerved Ayr owing to the mid-grade card and forecast soft going with rain.
    Newton Abbott (going forecast G with some GF)
    2.50 Theoretical strong fav 2/1, possible contender 4/1, not expected longer than 9/1.

1. Doubly Clever 4 tips (C&DD3) (15/8 mkt 09.45) LTO 12 +7 wgt carried =cls Nab 1 of 9 +9 1/2L ridden (dropped whip) hit 2 out kept on strongly. A strong favourite early.
    2. Bootlegger 2 tips (16/5) LTO 144? +15lbs? -1 cl* Kem 3 of 20 -3 1/4L not clear run headway to chase ridden kept on flat. Looked an each-way earlier but has shortened.
    3. At Its Own Expense (16/1) R Johnson up and not ridden a winner past 14 days.

Comment: I have done more with them as it looked rather bare-boned yesterday. Parody (C&DD2) has interest shown P Nichols/H Cobden but not on my RPR radar.

Verdict
    BOOTLEGGER has stepped forward considerably on his last couple of starts for Neil Mulholland, winning at Doncaster in January before running with plenty of credit at Kempton in March, and the seven-year-old has the potential for further progression on just his fifth outing for the stable. Doubly Clever went up 7lb for his recent C&D victory and is likely to be in the mix along with Parody, who shaped as though the run was needed when second at Bangor last month.

Top Tip: BOOTLEGGER (2)
    Watch out for: DOUBLY CLEVER (1)
  • Ivan Edge
    Included the Fineform rating principles today rather than just accept the opinion of the RPR compiler.

Ripon going forecast G with some GF) RP Spotlight tips Citron Major (1 pundit agrees 11 oppose)
    1.15 Market expected 09.20 no's 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10 indicating an open contest. Theoretical strong fav 5/2, possible contender 5/1, not expected longer tyhan 10/1.

1*. 15 = 4/1 MY fair odds (6/1 mkt) Wentworth Falls 1 tip D5. Gg*, D*, Trnr*, Jcky*.
    4*. 15 = 4/1 (5/1) Citron Major 2 tips C&DD2. Gg*, D*, Trnr*, Jcky?

Comment: Two for dutching. Bossipop 5 tips C&D4D3 8 = 17/2 (7/1 mkt). RPR low so off the radar for me today.

Fairy Stories (0 = ? 20/1 mkt) signed off last season with a hat-trick of 5f successes and has to be of interest despite the lengthy absence, while Roundhay Park (11 = 6/1, 15/2 mkt) was always in command at York and could still go well despite a 5lb rise. The latter's stablemate Citron Major has to be respected despite being 5lb higher than when winning over C&D recently, but preference is for WENTWORTH FALLS. The grey won well at Doncaster and was not far away at York last time, so could go well here.

Top Tip: WENTWORTH FALLS (1)
    Watch out for: CITRON MAJOR (4)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.