• peregrine
    The price of kameko is a joke ! The horse will not win simple .this is the horse you bookies are hoping all the mug punters will jump on. I'll post my. Choices as 2 stand out for me later . Feel free for your views as I'm sure their will be a difference of opinion I'm sure.
  • Thebookieson
    Hi Peregrine.
    Siding with Russian Emperor at present, although it’s practically impossible to second guess AP in the classic races.
  • Jack Trotter
    Yes, I was drawn to Russian Emperor the so called second string of the O'Brien team

I do think this Derby is wide open this year and there could easy be an improved couple in there that could surprise us all.

I am having an small each way on Mr Gosden with Worthily in the end, more gut feeling than any form judgement.

Will be the mount of Martin Harley who I have always rated as a good jockey and having spent a few seasons in Australia would be nice to see him return to the UK now he is race riding here with a big winner in the Derby.

Good luck to you all with your selections, I am sure we will have a good race.

JT
  • Valuefinder
    I’ve done Mohican Heights (16s) and Khalifa Sat (40s) each way but not a huge amount of confidence. Mohican ran on well in the race won by Pyledriver at RA and beat Mogul too and that was expected to be a prep for this so he should come on a good deal. I’d be on Pyledriver too but think the low draw makes it tougher. There’s only 2 or 3 that id write off with confidence in the race though.

Good luck whatever you’re backing. Sky are doing money back as cash on 2nd, 3rd and 4th (always worth thinking about taking SP if their price isn’t as good as with others).
  • peregrine
    Here's my 2 and jockeys in big races like the derby do make a difference. Still you need the horse .both e.way first 4 places English king 9.2 visually very good and it gets the trip no bother. Next mogul 8.1 this should be a different proposition today and Ryan Moore wouldn't have chosen it over o Briens others or I'd like to think it's way better than its exercise at Ascot. I'm expecting this to be run at a very fast pace to draw kameko out of its comfort zone and I just don't think it will stay the distance. Been wrong before and will be again but the 2 selections should be bang there come the winning line. Good luck gents.
  • Mugz
    nice 2nd Valuefinder @ 50/1. :clap:
  • Valuefinder
    Cheers Mugz. What a strange race! Can’t fault Aiden’s try it all approach!
  • peregrine
    Haven't watched it as yet ::roll: but I feel like breaking wind 5th and 6 th what a load of tosh
  • Jack Trotter
    Lot of senior jockeys completely misjudged the winner/leader and witnessed this with Frankie doing it in the Oaks earlier.

No idea how good the winner is but I am sure a re-run could produce a different result.

Congratulations if you were on the winner.

JT
  • peregrine
    Watched it and come on that was farcical top jockeys ! If anybody doesn't think that or have watched racing for as long as I have you have got no knowledge of how to make it look like your trying when like Frankie on English king sits behind r Moore then starts to get the horse to go forward then take a pull a furlong out then hands and heels inside the final furlong 5th without any effort is taking the piss out of punters.watch the ride properly it's had a nice exercise. And before anyone says what in a derby they are all trying it's a joke and an embarrassment with the world watching and witnessing a farce.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.