• peregrine
    Put your fancies up if you have one .if no rain I'm having clan De obeaux and a bit on kemboy.was looking at Al boum photo. But Oli bell has tipped it and he's. Worse than me. Both e way and good luck chaps I'm busy tomorrow.:up:
  • Mugz
    Forecast looks good from here on. Could be Good-soft, soft in places.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Hope you're right. My pick aussi.
  • Tattcorner
    After Cheltenham last year, RP recommended bets for this year's meeting. I put on £3 bets on them all (£39) and have had nothing back so far....had £3 Frodon at 16/1 and £3 A Plus Tard at 20/1 for the Ryanair but they got stuffed today.
    So the last two run in the Gold Cup :

£3 Delta Work @ 27/1
    £3 Lostintranslation 36/1
  • Mugz
    8/1 Clan Des Obeaux.

Lots of people putting a line through it because they think its not a Cheltenham horse or it wont stay up the hill. They may be right but you cant lay it at that price surely.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Pumpkin Head was very bullish about Clan on the morning line. Reckons it's a stronger horse than last year. Given the way it won the King George this year, I'd agree it probably is an even better horse.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Have win double with Goshen at 7/2 in the Triumph. Goshen my nap of the meeting.
  • scrivs
    very difficult race,i think cdo form in king george maybe flattering,think cyrname was already having problems then even before its last race.im going with alboom photo.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Gutted over Goshen. Cost me a fortune.
  • Mugz
    I think this is Clan Des Obeaux at his absolute peak. If he is to win a Gold Cup, it has to be this year.
  • Mugz
    CDO is not a Gold Cup horse. That ends that argument.
  • Mugz
    Its great when you get a proper finish with all the main contenders battling out. Great spectacle.
  • Tattcorner
    Good call scrivs, hopefully back next year for the hat-trick bid.
  • scrivs
    Thanks mate,been a good day.need billaway in the next for a very good day.
  • peregrine
    Well Oli bell is better than me not ::roll: didn't see the race but me mates asked how much I had on Al boum photo.fell about laughing when I told I left it out :rage: still that going must have been really soft as the time of the race was very slow for a gold cup. Mullins mob have had a great day.
  • Mugz
    Thy didnt go quick early. The tactics on CDO were to hold him up, but that only works if the pace is strong. In hindsight he might have done a lot better sitting just behind the leader.
  • peregrine
    Looking at it your probably right mugz my view is it was a sub standard gold cup and this bunch aren't anywhere near horses from previous years other folk will have a very different opinion but times don't lie and the proof is in the pudding.kauto star would have beat these no bother.:up:
  • Mugz
    I agree, it wasnt a star studded line up.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.