• owenjohn
    Not getting much time to get on here of late, I'm afraid. But had a little look at the Wetherby card today, so here's one to avoid!

LANDING NIGHT 3:20 @ 10/1 (B365)
    This is a horse that I do tend to follow, though not always easy to catch on a going day.
    I feel today he has a cracking e/w chance at a nice price. But for the draw, I would be going win only.

The horse drops back into a C5, running off a mark of 74. This is a tempting mark, having won previously off marks of 77, 76 & 75 (3 times).
    PJ McDonald takes up his customary ride on the horse, with whom he obviously has a decent relationship.
    He has ridden 7 of the horses 8 wins.
    In total 43 rides on the horse have yielded the 7 wins, plus another 11 placed efforts.
    Landing Night is turned out quickly, having run at Thirsk on Saturday (3 day break).
    This could be somewhat significant, as 5 of the horse's wins have come after a break of 8 days or less.
    The fact that the horse went down by 5 lengths on Saturday isn't of particular concern either, as penultimate runs before previous wins have seen defeat by margins such as ....8L, 7&1/4L, 6&1/2L.

As mentioned drawn 10 of 10 on a sharp Left handed track is far from ideal, but the bend does come early. Landing Night often does all his good work late on, and the extra 1/2 furlong could see him coming through with a rattle. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for!!

I also like the look of ZODIAKOS in the following race, at 3:55. Another turned out quickly following a 2nd by a neck defeat at Hamilton on Sunday. This one has shortened from around 6s to 9/2 this morning, and I'm sure will be aiming to make amends today.

God Help you if following!
  • AKD
    Good post and good luck, Owenjohn, win or lose I always look out for your posts, can see a lot of work goes into your selections. Yours does look well handicapped and has form here too, having finished 4 length 3rd from 3 lbs higher and that was after a 4 month break, so with a quick return this time I think he should do better. It’s a very tight handicap though with the whole field covered by a 5 lbs band so I think it’s good idea to go each way. Another runner that is turning up quickly, Amazing Grazing for local trainer Rebecca Bastiman might not be far away either.
  • stainless
    Just a look at the betting shows how competitive this race is. AMAZING GRAZING and SHOW PALACE might be my picks, but TURANGA LEELA could lead all the way and snatch it. Think this may be a watching brief.
  • stevie
    looked at the race last night and came up with Amazing Grazing myself..... although another job jockey could be David Allan on Van Gerwan .... bet amazing not bet van ..... b lucky.... stevie....
  • AKD
    Ran well, nice placer, maybe a bit unlucky not to win, traded at low of 2.04 in running. Well done.
  • Dadeo
    Nice win on Zodiakos
  • owenjohn
    Thanks Fellas. Nicely done by Zodiakos. Can see Ben Curtis having a good year ;-)
  • Mugz
    Nice winner owenjohn.

:clap:
  • owenjohn
    Thanks Mugz :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.