• Mugz
    Aintree 5.15

Randox Health Grand National Handicap Chase (Grade 3) 4m. 2f. 74yds (Class 1) 7yo+

Please post your tips, info trends and analysis below.

GOOD LUCK
  • Mugz
    #1 tip. Always get your bets on early and take a price if your are in the shops as the odds are always hammered near the off to contract the SP's.
  • Mugz
    VIRTUAL GRAND NATIONAL

ITV4 @ 8.00pm tonight.
  • Brandy
    I've been told that rathvinden will go close. That was before it's been gambled heavily.
  • Mugz
    VGN RESULT

1. Rathvinden
    2. Tiger Roll
    3. Jury Duty
  • Mugz
    For those who like backing long shots with the extra places then VALSEUR LIDO at 100/1 is worth a punt. Ran well for a long way last year before being outstayed but finished 8th. Gets a massive swing at the weights with the first 2 from last year. Hasn't shown any recent form to recommend him but then he didn't have any going into last year either. Rachel Blackmore takes the ride which is a positive.
  • Thebookieson
    My cousin is a leading liquidation partner at one of the big 4 accountancy firms - he told me 3 months ago that the owner of Rathvinden was one of his clients & it had been solely targeted at this race.
    To put you in the Pucture he gave us Wither or Which which Willie Mullins rode himself in the Cheltenham Bumper 25 years ago In October before Cheltenham & I won over £8000 the following March having bet it at 33/1 initially & all the way into 5/2 on the day!!!
    The only problem is I NEVER bet big in the National & haven’t taken the 33/1 which was freely available for Rathvinden.
    I’ve just got a very sneaky suspicion that with all the flak Ruby has taken the past few years about throwing away races by falling at the last fence, that he has another massive race in him!!!
    The sobering thought is that it’s the National.
    I’m £1093 up after the first 2 days of the Aintree meeting & have thought WTF & bet Rathvinden £50 @ 10/1 to win & £50 place only at 7/4 with Bet365 - we shall see!!!
  • Mugz
    The front 2 in the betting getting closer, looks like the Rathviden vibes are having an effect and the bookies want to get Tiger Roll in the book to compensate.

Tiger Roll 5/1
    Rathvinden 8/1
  • AKD
    Jury Duty (16/1) & Walk In The Mill (28/1) for me.

Good luck everyone.
  • micky
    General Principle and Pleasant Company are my two although having backed the latter at 50/1 last year this is just a "sods law" bet! Only concern is Kennedy has chosen Dournikos ahead of GP, they have form lines, GP has a 5lb pull fromthe GN Trial earlier.
  • Mugz
    What a horse..

:clap:
  • Mugz
    Could have won The Gold Cup this year.
  • dodd
    What a powerhouse. Jesus
  • finley
    TIGER ROLL....FABULOUS
  • JOEMUGG
    Great result great horse indeed.

Didnt the fences look small this year ?
  • Mugz
    The VGN has been very accurate the last 3 years in predicting the horses that will fight out the finish, and I think the race now favour classier horses. If the fences are smaller and the ground isnt testing then you need a classy horse with pace that can lay up and stay in touching distance all the way round. Tiger Roll has loads of pace and I think thats won him the 2 races and not bottomless stamina.
  • Mugz
    I didnt see any horse fall or unseat at Bechers this year.
  • Mugz
    VALSEUR LIDO was 10th. Backed it ew with 9 places at 50/1.

:angry:
  • AKD
    I know fences are not as big as they used to be, but still takes a very good horse to win it twice, well done Tiger Roll.

I am happy with 4th place from Walk In The Mill.
  • micky
    Quite a boring race really nowadays. Backed the second on tote win (so lost) on seeing the drying ground. Can't quite get my head around what this great race is all about now to be honest. As for Tiger Roll winning the Gold Cup, I think you must be on drugs.
  • Mugz
    Al Boum Photo won it rated 164 and Tiger Roll will be higher than that now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.