• AKD
    Although I have already backed favourites Josies Orders & Global Racing to win in these two races, I am looking at some bigger prices that may run well and backed in each way extra market with Bet365.

1:45 - Enda Bolger (Josies Orders) has won 8 of the 13 runnings of this race, but Peter Maher has the next best record in this race with 2 wins. As well as the 2 wins (20/1 & 9/2), he has also had a 25/1 2nd, 25/1 & 33/1 5ths and a 50/1 6th. He runs 4 today, and I like Alpha Male out of his 4, whose only win came here in a hunter Chase last year, well beaten last couple of runs but could run well in this. Small each way bet @ 20/1 (6 places) for me.

3:20 - Global Racing, who won over c&d two starts ago is a worthy favourite, but looking at bigger prices I think Battling Spirit could run well. Negative is the disappointing last run at Limerick without any apparent excuses, but had been in good form prior to that. Running at Punchestown for first time but trainer has a good record here, of his previous 10 runners here only 1 has finished out of first 6, and among those who ran well (2nd of 20 & 6th of 16) a couple were priced 25/1. I hope this one will run well too, and had a small each way bet @ 18/1 (6 places).

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Good luck, Wby.

Josies Orders won as expected, but Alpha Male was only 13th, the idea was right though as Peter Maher’s other 3 horses finished 3rd (33/1), 5th (100/1) & 8th (100/1), could have backed those 100/1s for extra places but picked the wrong one unfortunately.
  • AKD
    So unlucky, Wby, but a very good 2nd with Therewillalwabeone.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.